Winning the battle when time its time to choose!

Options
I need help because I am loosing the battle...

When its time to make that important decision and I'm not talking about what you choose to eat, but the decision that comes even before that one. The one where you decide to forget about the promise you made to yourself to stop snacking or to eat smaller portions or to stop eating extra meals...That moment where you know you shouldn't but you just do! The moment that keeps coming around over and over again and you fail the test!

When that moment comes around the next time what do you do to win the battle?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That part's easy. It's called motivation. Make a list of reasons you want to lose weight, and keep it close by. When your will wavers, look at your list and decide whether you need whatever is on that list or a second Twinkie more.

If you are having problems, consider your overall diet and assess if you were making changes too hard / too fast. If you make small, sustainable changes, they're much more likely to stick. If you make broad, sweeping, restrictive changes, those are more likely to fail.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I go and do something else. I take a walk, or I start a new craft project of I surf here, or I start doing housework and I also drink some water
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You need a decision before the one you speak of. It's the decision that you are ready to change and you know that you must be able to commit to and live with these changes for the rest of your life. The decision and recognition that you will always need to "watch what you eat", move more than you "want" to, etc., and you are ready and willing to do it. Once you make that decision, all the rest are footnotes.
  • skunizzi
    skunizzi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great words of support. I think deep down we all know what we need to do. The key is remembering to do it.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    For me it helps if I look at it as something I'm going to TO-DO instead of something I'm NOT-TO-DO. Makes me feel like I accomplished something instead of feeling like I failed when I slip.

So instead of "I'm not going to snack" - I will tell myself "I'm going to take a walk at snack time"...walking I can win, it's something I totally know I can do...plus, for me exercise makes me not want to overeat because it was hard work burning calories.