fell off the wagon not for 1 day, not 2 days but a whole WEE

Options
So i was 8 weeks in to exercising about 5 times a week, doubling up cardio and strength training a few days. Last saturday I attended a wedding, ate what I wanted, partied and have been tired out since. A few friends have been home this week and I haven't exercised once, stuffing my face with whats ever in sight. And I mean, I'm getting my hands on the devil foods, cookies, chips, popcorn, baking goods and eating them! Omg! You wouldn't know what would have struck!
In those 8 weeks, I worked so hard and got noooooo results!! i didn't lose not 1 pound and I even went up 4 pounds. I'm dreaded to even look at the scale now because I'm scared I even went up more. *Sigghhhhh*
Where do I go from here? :( I told myself monday, after the weekend, it will be a fresh start again. I told myself this a couple days this week, hopefully I can really do it monday.

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    You can do it! You just need to wake up in the morning, stare at yourself in the mirror, stick out your tongue at the devil on your shoulder, and do it! Your first day back to it you will feel better. Don't even bother with the scale if it worries you! Just start the exercising and eating healthier again. :happy:
  • bwagstaff
    bwagstaff Posts: 6
    Options
    You can do this! Each new day is a new opportunity to get back on track. Don't beat yourself up over what is in the past....just keep looking forward and know that from here on out, you can make healthier choices.

Don't give up!!!!!
  • corsetiere
    corsetiere Posts: 12
    Options
    Sounds like your body went into starvation mode. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself once a week or even once a day. Don't work past where your body can be either. If you over work your body it will cling to every morsel you eat thinking it needs to be in survival mode when that isn't necessarily the case. Chin up! Don't beat yourself up just keep going forward but consider adjusting your workout/food routines.

(I lost 76 pounds using this site awhile back *regained weight during pregnancy* and I found that is what helped me out. Its all about your approach and a positive attitude (= )
  • mel0215
    mel0215 Posts: 5
    Options
    This has happened to me. Just move on! So you fell off the wagon.. now its time to get back on! I know not seeing any change in the scale is discouraging at times.. because that's EXACTLY what I have gone through. But trust me.. change is happening! I haven't seen the scale move in over a week.. but yesterday I tried on an old skirt, and I finally fit into it! You probably gained muscle while you were working out.. which weighs more than fat anyways. Don't sweat it!! Just keep going!! & don't give up :) we all have our days.. you just cant let that stop you from reaching your goal!! You can do it!! :]
  • christalouigi
    Options
    Darling if you went up pounds, it is probably because you're gaining muscle from all that cardio and strength training. It looks like you only need to lose 8 lbs too, so that is incredible. I am going to give you some advice my Dad gave me: don't make it about losing weight. Everyone needs to exercise and make an effort to eat well most of the time regardless of their weight issues or lack thereof. Just choose to keep on track and make it a lifestyle change, and weight loss is a secondary bonus reward. Do it for your health whether you see numbers change or not. We all have times when we splurge with what we eat or do, but it doesn't mean you have to do it every day. Leslie Sansone says in the workout DVD of hers I've been doing often "Make a good decision for you." Do that. Preservere! Love and prayers going out to you! :-)
  • change_happens
    Options
    So i was 8 weeks in to exercising about 5 times a week, doubling up cardio and strength training a few days. Last saturday I attended a wedding, ate what I wanted, partied and have been tired out since. A few friends have been home this week and I haven't exercised once, stuffing my face with whats ever in sight. And I mean, I'm getting my hands on the devil foods, cookies, chips, popcorn, baking goods and eating them! Omg! You wouldn't know what would have struck!
    In those 8 weeks, I worked so hard and got noooooo results!! i didn't lose not 1 pound and I even went up 4 pounds. I'm dreaded to even look at the scale now because I'm scared I even went up more. *Sigghhhhh*
    Where do I go from here? :( I told myself monday, after the weekend, it will be a fresh start again. I told myself this a couple days this week, hopefully I can really do it monday.

I know how you feel. I just came off of a birthday-binge ;) and I loved it! I got back on track. I didn't punish myself. I enjoyed myself and had fun with fam and friends! Keep on moving, you will see a change!
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    I know your pain. You may have fallen off for a week, but I feel off for almost two months and gained back 19 lbs. So all you do is focus. Re prioritize you goals, find support on this site and in your life, then take it slowly and don't have extreme expectations. Start incorporating new foods leaving behind the junk foods. You can do it, and you will do it. Maybe you just weren't ready before or subconsciously got scared about the possibility of life changes. Don't give up and you will win :smile:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day. :) Don't give up!
  • ditzee
    ditzee Posts: 49
    Options
    I do it one day at a time and some days one minute at a time. You are in the right place with MFP. Start again, make sure you are eating all your calories and drinking water. Eat lots of fruit and veggies!! Exercise but do not over do. If weighing is getting you down don't do it. You will find that the scale may not change but your clothes are getting looser. When you are more comfortable weigh yourself. Hang in there this is not a race or a diet! It is a healthier way to live. You've taken a big step right now you are back on MFP . We can do this together. Welcome Back.