800 calorie diet?

Options
I'm trying to lose 10 pounds in the next month before I go back to uni. Has anyone tried it and how difficult is it adhere to?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless you're under medical supervision, 800 calories is entirely too low.
  • fiberopticjellyfishmfp
    Options
    Have I tried it? Yes. Is it difficult to adhere to? Immensely so. Does it work? In the short term. Would I recommend it? Hell no.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I did 1200 calories and it was very hard. At 800 you are going to lose so much muscle mass and risk poor nutrition and health.

What I would do is spend the next few weeks trying to live at 1400 calories. Get in the habit of logging and figuring out what is healthy. Then, once back at school, you should be ready to try to incorporate the new way of eating while you are way from home. If you are young and active and adhere, its possible that you can have those pounds gone pretty quickly.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I'm going with 'nope' not worth it.
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    No only is it unadvisable, it's probably not even necessary. You can get the ball rolling towards your goal by eating at a *reasonable* deficit.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

MyFitnessPal Moderator

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.