I'm so excited for Xmas dinner!

Options
I'm not going to give a dam about calories or exercise or anything remotely 'healthy' for the whole day!

What u having for dinner?
What u washing it down with?

Inspire me! Lol

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My friends and I are making sushi tonight. It's gonna be awesome. :)

There may or may not be Sake. And I am bringing along a bottle of muscadine table wine that I picked up in Tennessee on a summer vacation.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Prime rib, asparagus & twice baked potatoes with a nice Pinot noir finishing with some of Christmas cookies!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Not actually a lot. Ham, veg, starch, bread, pecan pie, water.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Duck with chestnusts, kale with bacon apple dressing, serviettenknodel (stuffing/bread), stollen, gingerbread cake,and feuerzangenbowle. I've got my entire day pre-logged already; should be able to keep the entire day under 1800 calories.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    To me it's the people I spend time with. Really don't care what food is around.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Since nothing is open and my ILs will be hogging the kitchen, hubby and I are picking up Pizza Hut tonight for tomorrow's lunch. Me - personal pan pepperoni. Hubby - meat works P'zone. To share - Tuscany meaty marinara pasta with breadsticks. I'm eating a good chunk of the cookies/sweets I've made the last 3 weeks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    To me it's the people I spend time with. Really don't care what food is around.

I really wish I could say that. Ugh.

Christmas Eve I love because we go to friends, this year we're having Hannukah food (kugel, latkes, lox, brisket, roast chicken, salads) and usually random cookies.

Tomorrow it's going to be ham, more latkes, my hazelnut praline Yule log, and apple pie (could do without that one, but she always makes one).

I do find Christmas food way more interesting than Thanksgiving food!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Christmas eve - Mussels with garlic sauce and home made bread. something we love and we only needed a few mussels for tomorrow so we are having the rest tonight

Christmas day - as normal as possible (because I like it) plus the cake my FIL prepared
    Christmas dinner - carrotsoup (currently preparing the chicken-stock for it from scratch) with mussels with home made nut and seed bread, slow roasted porkbelly (I think BIL and SIL are preparing the main course) and home made Persian ice-cream for dessert and chocolates with coffee. We need to drive home that night and to my brother the next day.

Boxing day at my brothers' and I have no clue what he has in mind.
    I hope to get a longish walk in on one of the days but not too phased
  • bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ohh you couldn't send some of that bread my way could ya? Hehe
    Sounds delicious
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve dinner (at home): snow crab legs, shrimp, sea scallops, baked potato, and broccoli (plenty of butter for dipping the crab legs

Christmas Eve dessert - homemade fudge and Christmas cookies, with egg nog (with Captain Morgan for the grown ups)... Will switch to Maker's after kids go to bed

Christmas Day - going to in law's house, not sure what MIL is making (probably Italian food, since they are Italian, lol)

Boxing Day - ham, mashed potatoes and raisin sauce, roasted acorn squash, Brussels sprouts with bacon, green beans, dinner rolls

For dessert on Boxing Day - French silk pie (I made the crust with lard I rendered from the leaf fat of the hog we had slaughtered last spring, and the filling with kerrygold, the best quality baker's chocolate I could find, and very fresh eggs from a friend who keeps chickens) topped with homemade whipped cream... More whiskey on the rocks after kids go to bed!

Looking forward to it :)
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nut roast and homemade mince pies..... we are vegan
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't celebrate it, but my relatives are going out for dinner and my aunt says she's having her usual, a salad. They're doing Olive Garden.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm doing the cooking. I will be making turkey, new potatoes, carrot roses, cauliflower cheese casserole, green beans, gravy, apple pie, cookies and eggnog pie.
  • bexilashious
    edited December 2016
    Options
    We are having
    Morning
    Sausage, Bacon and egg sarnies with tomato sauce

Lunch
    Starters
    Prawn cocktail (salmon cocktail for me)

Main
    Turkey and beef
    Roast potatoes
    Roast parsnips
    Roast butternut squash
    Yorkshire pudding
    Stuffing
    Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, peas, cabbage
    Gravy and mint sauce

Dessert
    Trifle for me and the kids
    Xmas pudding for the hubby

All washed down with champagne, baileys, cider and mulled wine

And then I'm going to pass out on the sofa
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for tomorrow.

Breakfast is cinnamon rolls and bacon.

Dinner is steak and king crab legs, with probably potatoes or something for the side.

Candy all day. I also have wing dip prepared that I will cook at some point.

We might have some wine or something to wash everything down with but for the most part it will just be water. All of my serious Christmas drinking will be done at another party tonight.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    We are having
    Morning
    Sausage, Bacon and egg sarnies with tomato sauce

Lunch
    Starters
    Prawn cocktail (salmon cocktail for me)

Main
    Turkey and beef
    Roast potatoes
    Roast parsnips
    Roast butternut squash
    Yorkshire pudding
    Stuffing
    Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, peas, cabbage
    Gravy and mint sauce

Dessert
    Trifle for me and the kids
    Xmas pudding for the hubby

All washed down with champagne, baileys, cider and mulled wine

And then I'm going to pass out on the sofa
    This sounds a lot like my Christmas. I LOVE IT ALL!!!
  • bexilashious
    Options
    It's so yummy!
    I'm not going to scrimp on the portion size either lol
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Tonight (Christmas Eve) I am having an enormous top sirloin grilling steak with jumbo garlic prawns, roasted brocolli with cinnamon and pan roasted radish <3

Tomorrow I will probably eat turkey breast meat and salad because we'll be at my inlaws