Looking for some serious motivation and support!!

Options
I'm about to head off to college and I am not happy with the way my body is. I've been trying for years to loose some of the weight but I have consistently been failing. I would love to have any new friends for encouragement so that I may one day love the way I look!!!

Replies

• Fat2Fancy
    Fat2Fancy Posts: 3
    Options
    You sound SO much like me. I'm sick of failing. Let's do it, once and for all
  • Tluvspitt
    Tluvspitt Posts: 7
    Options
    I think going to college is a perfect time to change some habits...and you can most definitely do it. Let me know if you need anything as you begin this journey! :flowerforyou:
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well, college was forever ago for me, but one thing is for sure. Colleges have lots and lots of nice sidewalks for walking and running. There will also be motivated, healthy people out there on them. You will start out feeling lost and alone any way (sad, hard truth). So when you look for friends, look for some health/exercise groups. There will also be intramural sports open to anyone. Heck, your college may have some web-based way of finding such groups before you even move in. :)
  • ebeck6492
    ebeck6492 Posts: 2
    Options
    Y'all are awesome!! Thank you, it's going to be tough but I'm going to change once and for all!!!!
  • musicmanomar
    Options
    I'm sure your college or university has a gym! Mine has one and me and my friends go there and workout so we would never gain the freshman 15 when we started! They gave up but I kept going. If you need a little motivation or support i can help! :) best wishes