When did you know it was time?

Options
I knew it was time to change when I looked at a soda and fast food and lost my appetite. Looking at the fake food just makes my stomach turn.

So, when did you know it was time to change?

Replies

• stmon99
    stmon99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When my doctor sent me to the cardiologist and I had a cardiac catheterization done and found out I had multiple 100% coronary blockages. Oops! Nothing like the fear of dying to make you change your lifestyle 180 degrees.

I have to say though--it's not easy. Everyday I miss those days when I ate 20 oz steaks, a whole bag of chip, whole box of donuts, pizza, McDonalds, etc. Oddly enough, I don't miss soda at all.
  • brewer054
    brewer054 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    When I slipped in the mud and ruined my business suit. :/

Oh no! Did it rip?
  • brewer054
    brewer054 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    stmon99 wrote: »
    When my doctor sent me to the cardiologist and I had a cardiac catheterization done and found out I had multiple 100% coronary blockages. Oops! Nothing like the fear of dying to make you change your lifestyle 180 degrees.

I have to say though--it's not easy. Everyday I miss those days when I ate 20 oz steaks, a whole bag of chip, whole box of donuts, pizza, McDonalds, etc. Oddly enough, I don't miss soda at all.

I don't miss the nasty food at all (or at least not yet.) I literally just woke up one day, went to Mcdonalds for breakfast, took 2 bites and thought "man this stuff is disgusting."

And how is your body after some weight loss?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I stuffed my face silly at the Holidays 4 years ago and disgusted myself from food.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    When I didn't recognize the guy looking back at me from the mirror. He seemed ok, but was a good bit older, slower and chunkier than me.

Yeah, I could only rationalize my failing health so far. I'm glad it hit me when it did. :)
  • Somebrina
    Somebrina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I was too big to fit in a ride at the fair.
  • ASAPStocky
    ASAPStocky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started online dating and well...my selfies weren't matching my candids.
  • m0niqueee
    m0niqueee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When my doctor diagnosed me with prediabetes