Pedometer walking

Options
Does anybody keep track of their steps using a pedometer? If so do you see a difference now that you are aware of the amount of steps you take? How many steps is good a day for weight loss?

Coco

Replies

• amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    just bought one today. it does more than just steps so still learning how it works. would love to see others answers
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I dunno if its actually much of a difference, but it does motivate me to walk around the room and stuff to see the numbers increase when I am watching youtube or whatever.

The govt recommendation is that everyone should do at least 10,000 steps a day for baseline health. Weightloss depends on energy balance though so it depends what you eat :P
  • boreala89
    boreala89 Posts: 6
    Options
    The average person is ideally supposed to be taking 10,000 steps a day. 10,000 steps equals 5 miles. I usually find my pedometer at anywhere from 15,000-22,00 steps, but I do write it down, mostly because it holds me accountable and I always try to one up myself
  • change_happens
    Options
    some say 5000, 6000 and others say 10000. Well, I can never get my pedometer to work so it always registers high. I just say be active.
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    I think you are supposed to aim for 10,000 steps per day. Not sure where this number came from, but you see/hear it a lot. Some people in my family find it useful--reminds them to keep moving.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference!! I try to hit 10,000 steps per day. I go for walks on my breaks and lunch at work, so that's where I get most of my steps in...I don't even count the regular steps I take, so I'm probably at or over my daily goals! The pedometer I use can track steps, calories, or distance...I'm not too sure about the special features, so I just stick with steps.