Too many snacks?

keiraev
keiraev Posts: 695 Member
I love snacks especially sugary ones whether it's fruit or chocolate, but I also love picking at savoury treats such as olives etc

I usually stay within my goal & eat most of my exercise cals most of the time.

Today though I ate 400 cals worth of snacks/treats - can someone tell me if what I am eating is slowing me down from losing weight?

I am 8lb from my goal and my daily allowance is 1260 - although I go over a little bit sometimes.

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    depends on exactly what you are eating that you are considering "bad" for you.you may not be getting enough nutrients to be eating a healthy diet, but if your staying under you should still lose weight however it may not be the healthiest way to do it
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Too much sodium maybe? I would add that to your diary just to see.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    If you are close to your daily calorie goal and on a pretty regular basis, it doesn't matter WHERE those calories come from! For your own health, you should choose healthy food over junk food, but whether you eat your calories in meals or snacks, it does not matter.
  • keiraev
    I wouldn't say I ate junk exactly but when I do a lot of exercise like today (walked 10 miles) I often go way over my carbs. On my "rest" days I don't feel like I need them. I just worry that I feel like I'm eating mountains of food albeit within my goal?!
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    you always seem to have a nice balance of foods including fruits and veggies, which I think is so important to being healthy. I look at your food diary and feel inspired sometimes when I have had a bad day. my husband & I love to make a lunch out of wine, bread, olive oil w/ herbs, hummus, olives and cheese sometimes on the weekend- granted I don't do the honest thing and measure it (or log it for that matter since I have reached my goal officially giving myself "off" on weekends now), but if you do measure it and log it and you are still keeping where you need to be then I say keep on doing what you are doing if you are having success. slow and steady is the answer I think. your starting goal and ending goals are very similar to mine. I think if you feel you need the carbs/ energy then eat those cals. backon exercise days, but if you don't feel hungry, don't force yourself to eat just to be close to some number either. (I'm no docotor...just my personal opinion here!) On the days that I run 3 miles, I definitely need to eat most of those calories back othewise I feel way too hungry. If you are really not happy with the rate of success that you are having then change it up, but you ARE having success so keep in mind that you prob. gained your weight over a much longer time period than you are trying to take it off in, and you have to make changes that you can keep for life so anything dramatic is prob. not going to work for the long term. Good luck! I think you are doing GREAT!!!
  • keiraev
    ^^ Aw thanks for that lady - yeh I do log everything it really helps my mindset! Only been doing this 11 weeks ish and the only time I didn't log was when I drank too much at my hubbys bday and couldn't remember most of what I had. That hasn't happened again since but I feel like if you don't have a little of what you like u risk throwing in the towel - which is what I had a cycle if doing for the past 2 years x
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    I don't think four snacks throughout the day are bad at all. Some people lose weight by eating 6 - 8 x a day.. not just 3 meals but snacks in the middle. It just depends on what you're eating, which from your food diary seems like a great mix of nutrients. The only thing is I would be careful of your carbs (because of the sugar). If you stop losing, you can try to lower your carbs, but if you're seeing results now I don't think you have much to worry about. A lot of your snacks are natural (and look delicious I might add :tongue: ), and even add protein to your diet without adding bad carbs, like the almond stuffed olives and bananas. The only thing that caught my eye was the ice lollies and ice cream, but you seem to keep it to a minimum and stay under your calorie goal, so I don't think you should have a problem.

Hope this helped!