Hi! Lack of real life support

Options
Hi! I decided to sign up here hoping to get some supportive words from the community here because I don't have anyone I can talk to in real life about weight loss/overeating. When I tell people about it in real life, they just laugh and don't take me seriously.

So...prior to signing up here, I did read the posts here sometimes and I logged my food but on a notepad!

Long story short, loneliness this whole holiday season has been really hard and based on my logging, I've overeaten by 11,457 calories this month! I emotionally overeat to numb the feelings rather than sitting with and tolerating the feelings. I would eat until I was sick, then sit there waiting thinking, please let the pain go away so I can eat more because I still feel sad...and when the pain subsided a little, I would eat more until I was sick, and this continued.

I'm ready to face my feelings head on and lose the weight I have put on. I am experiencing anxiety though......I guess I'm just hoping for some encouraging words, for someone other than just my own brain telling me, yes, it's really true, you CAN conquer emotional eating and you WILL be able to get the weight down, it will take time but if you stick with it you can do it.

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You're not alone in emotional eating...been there, done that! And yeah, it's especially hard over the holidays.

There's no real reason to feel anxiety...all you have to do is face one snack, one breakfast or whatever at a time. Or one walk outside or bike ride. And if you mess up...whatever! We all do! You start again tomorrow.

And you are going to feel so much better uncoupling food and emotions in an unhealthy way.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think walking would be best. Also maybe try to keep healthy foods/snacks in the house.
    I'm sorry but I don't have a life changing answer.
    Just take it one day at a time.