I reeeeally screwed up.

Options
So... tips on working off a pizza? And a side? DAMMIT, PAPA JOHNS.

Obviously tomorrow isn't at all viable for weight loss. But the last two days I really messed up and I hate myself for it. I can't even hold my weight level at the moment!

How can I work the MASSIVE excess off? I've undone at least two weeks work here. :(

Replies

• KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    We have all had those times... But do an exercise activity that makes you feel good--regardless of how many calories it burns. If your splurge was astronomical, no exercise session is going to balance it (or if you do, you could end up injuring yourself). A health-promoting exercise session will make you feel better emotionally and improve fitness. Aim for a calorie neutral day tomorrow and commit to doing your best after that. It's all we can each do for ourselves!
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said.

#1 Papa Johns is awesome lol

#2 You'll be fine unless you choose to dwell on it. Keep on truckin :)
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Papa Johns is awesome. Especially with the garlic sauce.

Just log it, and move on at your regular limits. Don't try to punish yourself for blowing one day. Just don't make a habit of it... And if there's pizza left maybe give it to someone if you can't stick to moderate amounts.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, things like this happen....you are human and not going to be perfect for Jeebus' sake don't dwell and don't hate yourself. Won't change anything and it will only raise your cortisol levels and stress you out when you should be able to enjoy Christmas.

I would stay away from the scales for a while as this will probably show water weight issues on top of any gain but I'll bet my bottom dollar that you will end up NOT undoing 2 weeks of work. Try looking at it this way too....you should get some decent beast mode gains in your workouts from the extra food.

Keep up your fluids, breathe and all will sort itself out.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    did you even go over your weekly calorie total with this meal? That's all that really matters here
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Woodsmoke wrote: »
    So... tips on working off a pizza? And a side? DAMMIT, PAPA JOHNS.

Obviously tomorrow isn't at all viable for weight loss. But the last two days I really messed up and I hate myself for it. I can't even hold my weight level at the moment!

How can I work the MASSIVE excess off? I've undone at least two weeks work here. :(

Log it and move on.

Get rid of the self hate, it will do you no good.

You didn't screw up, or undone anything, you went through growing pains. :)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,681 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new start. If you blew it today, it's done and over. We've all been there. Just start again as soon as you can.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can't work off an entire pizza, not really. Not unless you weigh 300 pounds and all of it is muscle and you spend 12 hours doing CrossFit.

Log it. Learn from it. Do better next time there's pizza. Have a slice, have two, make it fit into your daily or weekly allowance next time.
  • LeshWeshy
    LeshWeshy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The fastest way for me to gain weight is to exercise. Sure, I burn I can burn 200 kcal, but then I'm really hungry. Way more hungry than anything 200 calories is going to satiate(much less if I just ignore it). And if I don't eat, I feel awful.
    Literally the only time I seriously exercise is when I'm not trying to lose weight.
  • iheartdinosaurs
    iheartdinosaurs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Remember - in the grand scheme of your life, 2 weeks is nothing at all. Be kind to yourself. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I routinely undo weeks during holidays, no big deal. You move on. 2 weeks is nothing and will pass quickly (although I doubt you undid 2 whole weeks in one day). Before you know it, it will be as if it never happened. Hating yourself will accomplish nothing. Instead, calmly evaluate why you overdid it: were you restricting too much before? Was it emotional? Was alcohol involved? Was it caused by poor planning..etc then think what would be a good plan for similar future incedents. You learn from the incidence and move on. no self hate needed. Trying to work it off because you are feeling bad or punishing yourself with severe restriction would only reinforce the cycle of restricting and overeating, which is a cycle largely fueled by stress. Calmly stepping back and evaluating is more effective than riding an emotional roller coaster.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to an off day and recommit to doing better. One or two days won't make or break your weight loss. Just don't let it become a regular occurrence .
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. Worked xmas eve and came home ordered pizza i didnt have any meal foods at home, Then i have 2 xmas dinners incoming. Log it and move on XD Its a delicious side track for a few days. Just do best your can to not fly off the rail for next few days in guilt. Can still eat crap just remember you started off bad try and make atleast a few lower calorie choices through your holidays. Enjoy :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Drink water, lots. Merry Christmas and don't worry about it.
  • Acrosno
    Acrosno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't stress! If you're working the program the way it's intended you're reforming your habits for the rest of your life! It is completely unrealistic to think there will not be days where you go completely "off reservation" and eat a ton!

What's important is that you log it. Note the effect it has on you and make your future choices armed with this knowledge.

I can't stress the importance of logging it. Not as a 'punishment' or to make you feel guilty. But because the more you know about yourself and your eating patterns, the more effective you become at making the mindful decisions about food and activity.

Also my diet partner and I have been at this off and on for 3 years. We sometimes get together and review our last year's logs ... it's fun to look back at a really indulgent day and go "wow WTF did we do here!? Oh yeah! That was your 30th birthday... what an awesome day that was!" Etc. (Just a fun side effect of logging everything imo)

Hang in there. One delicious pizza won't ruin your life. 365 of them might tho! ;)