crutches next 3 weeks what about exersize

Options
so i fell in shower tonight and will be on crutches for atleast 3 weeks. what in the world will i do with out my exersize!!!! does anyone have any suggestions for exersizes to do with out being on my feet? Im freaking out. i have lost 15 pounds in the last month i really dont want to gain any of it back. i have worked to hard to go back. Please any suggestions at all would be appreciated.. Thanx

Replies

• megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    My gym has an arm bike, if you go to a gym you could see if they have one. Also, you could try shadow boxing or anything that works your upper body. My understanding is that upper body cardio can actually increase your HR quicker than lower body cardio.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    you could also do ab workouts. Shadow boxing is really good. dancing around on crutches. Anything to get your heart rate up! lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    you could also do ab workouts. Shadow boxing is really good. dancing around on crutches. Anything to get your heart rate up! lol
    Agree with boxing. Even better if you could hit a bag.
  • tinalb28
    tinalb28 Posts: 22
    Options
    yea i can really see my self dancing around on crutches!!!l lmao!! The kids would love it.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk with your crutches. Try to use your arms as much as possible. Don't let your armpits rest on the crutches.
  • bootbuilder
    Options
    You can use a recumbant bike! Just keep that foot off the pedal.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    OMG! We're in the same boat! I was doing my fav class at the gym, Body Combat, at the gym today and fell, heard my ankle crack, and couldn't put weight on it. Turns out it's sprained, and I'm off it 2-6 weeks with crutches. That was my first reaction today...what about exercise?! I'm going to work on upper body and gradually start walking. I also plan on doing abs and stretching a lot.

Sucks so much. :( I was doing SO amazing!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your injury! I was on crutches in HS... after 4 weeks I could do an amazing number of push ups.. it was unreal. Being on crutches is a workout in itself if you ask me lol.