Just started

Options
Hi there,

I've just started. I have never blogged, never shared any stuff like this online...nothing really. So here goes. I'm trying to lose 5kg and get fast again with athletics. I love sugar and hardly ever eat vegetables and now I'm getting older I'm losing body shape and feeling tired all the time. I'm scared of becoming diabetic because my late father and now my sister were/are diabetics. Also, I refuse to think my running days are over. Anyway - that's me. I wonder of there are people out there?

Replies

• skolbie2
    skolbie2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes, there are tons of people out here. I was on here a good time ago and did well but mentally lost myself and "blossomed' quite a bit. Now, I am diabetic. Sugar was/is an addiction for me as I seem to crave it more now that I'm not supposed to have it...or, at least not in the fashion I did. I seriously doubt your running days are over any more than the things I used to enjoy. Just need to 'work off' some of this extra in order to get back to it...bike riding, swimming (and not looking like a beached whale.) Add me if you like.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Definitely time to change! It's more critical at our age to eat properly for energy, health and life longevity. I am a runner, no reason for your running days to be over unless you are having physical issues, I am just creeping up on 50 and run road races, trail races and mountain races, I also hike and backpack. Life is good! 4 years ago I was a 300lb smoker who was terribly out of shape, life will be what we make it and I just chose to make it better.
  • andrelittle2323
    andrelittle2323 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most active forums in all the apps I've downloaded. It sounds like you need to cut back on the sugar and go for actual carbohydrates like brown rice, broccoli and bananas. Those will give you energy. Don't get discouraged! It'll take time but it's undeniably worth it once you see the smallest results. Add me if you'd like, accountability friends are a great way to keep up
  • quirozj1976
    quirozj1976 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well
  • beeraxdidit
    beeraxdidit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Running has been my favorite form of cardio. I believe you can get back to it. Go for it!
  • rugama
    rugama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    People are great on this site/app if your really in getting good support. I hope you find what you need here!
  • Lilian725
    Lilian725 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!