• beeraxdidit
    beeraxdidit Posts: 10 Member
    My thoughts exactly!
  • slivesey77
    slivesey77 Posts: 2,450 Member
    One more kick in the nuts before the year ends
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Yep this year has been awful in terms of illness and death.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    edited December 2016
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    RIP George Michael. Love him
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Wake Me Up Before You Go Go.....

I reckon that didn't work out this time.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    And David Bowie. And Prince. And gave us Trump. Yes, please, let this year be over.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,728 Member
    And it's still trying to take Carrie Fisher.

She'll kick it's *kitten*.

Also, apparently, we lost 66 (and that's just tv stars) people this year but I can't cut and paste the TV Guide article right now.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    oh yeah I remember my mom mentioning that... I was like "oh" but yeah another one bites the dust
  • Karb_Kween
    D was playing him last night
  • Karb_Kween
    I think she deserves her own thread
  • GreenGoddess22
    Have you really looked at the list of people who have passed this year, it's quite significant. Even "real life" deaths seemed higher than usual this year. I alone lost two family members. Peace to all.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Have you really looked at the list of people who have passed this year, it's quite significant. Even "real life" deaths seemed higher than usual this year. I alone lost two family members. Peace to all.

I know right. my dad is at the top of this list as saddest loss
  • Karb_Kween

Me and D were ruminating over George Michael last night and were looking through the people

Is it dumb to be affected over people you don't know that are famous?
  • GreenGoddess22
    synchkat wrote: »

I know right. my dad is at the top of this list as saddest loss

Hugs, sweetie. I lost my dad nine years ago. The grief will never fully leave your body, but it does get easier with time. This was the first year I wasn't a full blown hot mess each holiday. Time softens the jagged edges.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Karb_Kween wrote: »

Me and D were ruminating over George Michael last night and were looking through the people

I don't think it is dumb, Pie. We all associate certain parts of our lives with certain celebrities for different reasons. When that celebrity dies it is a hit on our memories/feelings. I am still not over Robin Williams death....
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,728 Member
    edited December 2016
    GODDAMN 2016!!!!

I just came here to post that about Carrie.
  • Karb_Kween

I don't think it is dumb, Pie. We all associate certain parts of our lives with certain celebrities for different reasons. When that celebrity dies it is a hit on our memories/feelings. I am still not over Robin Williams death....

Robin was really a hard one. I couldn't watch any of his movies for months
  • GreenGoddess22

Absolutely not! Think about how plays, movies and music can evoke strong emotions in us, it's only natural we feel a connection to the people behind it.
  • Bingles1
    Bingles1 Posts: 1 Member
    I was very lucky to have met George Michael a couple of times and he was lovely, so so lovely. Very sad that he has passed
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    I knew this year was going to be a bad one when Alan Rickman passed at the start of it... :(