Zombie threads

Options
Please stop.

Start a new, different thread and let the old threads rest in peace.

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Seconded.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Let them R.I.P.. please for gosh sakes.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Stop it. There is a wealth of information in MFP's backpages.

Some of the threads are so relevant for the times. People in 2011 AD/CE thought that duckfaces had gone out of style. Nope! It's posterity's duty to correct the past.

If you are bored, Netflix and Chill dude.

Start a thread about something.

Post pictures of your bowtie collection.

• RoxieDawn
    Options
    When people start reading the stickies I will stop bumping them. Until then, you can pry the bump gifs out of my cold, dead hands.

bumping the stickies is a very needed process..

but these old lame threads that have nothing to do about nothing.. need to R.I.P.

KEEP BUMPING THE STICKIES!!!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    When people start reading the stickies I will stop bumping them. Until then, you can pry the bump gifs out of my cold, dead hands.

This tread isn't in reference to your bumping. Lol
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I agree that zombie threads are annoying. But sometimes when you just woke up and are sleepy and there is an amusing looking thread you reply and don't realize it is a zombie thread until it is too late. You didn't mean to keep it a recent discussion, it just was so early and you feel really bad when you do it but you can't fix it because it is too late (yeah this happened to me this morning).

There is a big difference to me between a zombie thread and a useful thread being bumped to help people out. The helpful ones are great, the zombie threads are usually some dumb topic and they trick you,
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I really have no idea who or what this thread is in reference to, then. All I know is I bumped a ton of threads today, left the house, and came back to find this thread. I've been flagged as spam for bumping, accused of being a spam bot for posting a link list to intro threads, and told it's rude to assume no one reads the stickies. So laugh at me if you want, I guess. The op was unspecific and not everyone seems to agree that bumping the stickies is a good thing.

Whatever.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think. MFP's vintage threads have a wealth of information.

In fact, I think I'm gonna designate a bump day every month and tag @thisonetimeatthegym without fail :p

That's really not what I was suggesting and I believe you know it. Bumping threads out of spite or to annoy people is the surest way to make it so we aren't allowed to bump old threads at all anymore.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @diannethegeek it's in reference to someone in this thread who bumped a whole bunch of threads yesterday and today from 2011 and 2012 on a range of subjects including duck faces, stripping at the gym and inappropriate gym attire
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

I really have no idea who or what this thread is in reference to, then. All I know is I bumped a ton of threads today, left the house, and came back to find this thread. I've been flagged as spam for bumping, accused of being a spam bot for posting a link list to intro threads, and told it's rude to assume no one reads the stickies. So laugh at me if you want, I guess. The op was unspecific and not everyone seems to agree that bumping the stickies is a good thing.

Whatever.

Its all the threads here in Chit Chat that have been resurrected from the 'dead' over the past several days by one poster..

I will never laugh at you, highly respected by me.. and the stickies are and always will be important. I can't even count how many times I have posted links in main forums.. :)
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Whatever.

A bunch of weird chit-chat threads from like 2012 with only a few replies have also been bumped this morning - the duckface thread that was referenced earlier (the one I replied to), a flatulence thread, a withholding sex thread - I think those are the ones that are the issue. These are the long running threads that have thousands of replies, these are just weird bumped threads from years ago.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    @sunburntgalaxy
    "A bunch of weird chit-chat threads from like 2012 with only a few replies have also been bumped this morning..."

I'm new here (Aug 2016) so I don't see much difference from 2012 weird threads and 2016 Chit Chat threads.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think. MFP's vintage threads have a wealth of information.

In fact, I think I'm gonna designate a bump day every month and tag @thisonetimeatthegym without fail :p

uxy4cpi1k4vf.jpg
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    @sunburntgalaxy
    "A bunch of weird chit-chat threads from like 2012 with only a few replies have also been bumped this morning..."

I'm new here (Aug 2016) so I don't see much difference from 2012 weird threads and 2016 Chit Chat threads.

Hi Jim,
    I saw what you said on the fart thread. To be honest, calling anyone a name is out of character for me. But he did the Zombie Thread thing so many times in the last couple days. Then he did it with my dear friends thread, of the last 5 years....And even tricked.me with it. Needle on my haystack . I'm sorry to you if you didn't appreciate that. Although, I'm not sorry to him. Have a nice day okay.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on the thread. I was looking for the 'ridiculous serving sizes' thread to bump it because it is still relevant, for example.

But yeah, sometimes people bump threads about someone asking for advice 3 years ago, honestly first I have no clue how they even find it, and second it baffles me that they would expect anyone to actually read past the first post to see the new one...
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I've come to learn people will complain about literally anything....
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

Entire Thread........

Reported!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    @sunburntgalaxy

Hi Jim,
    I saw what

What did he say on the fart thread?

The Flatulance Thread. You can read for yourself. Jim was very nice. Cutaway not so nice.