Best leggings for tall women?

Options
Any suggestions? I'm 5'11 and it's really hard to find workout leggings that fit right and aren't always falling down.

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Walmart has inexpensive Danskin bootcut workout pants...Looser than leggings. I'm 5'8" and the petite length fits me, so the regular length may work for you.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I really like Victoria's Secret leggings and they come in tall. Kind of pricey unless you catch them when they're having a special.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34" inseam and Old Navy and Under Armor are awesome.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I haven't tried VS or Fabletics. Will check those out. The struggles of a giraffe :)
  • StacywithaY
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I found some online at JCPennys that seem to hv good reviews also. So sick of always having the ones I have up when working out. Fingers crossed!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have some Athleta capris that were about $60 but they have been through 4-5 years of roller derby and aside from some minor pilling from Velcro rub they are almost like the day I got them.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    I really like Victoria's Secret leggings and they come in tall. Kind of pricey unless you catch them when they're having a special.
    I was super excited when they did the deal to get a bra and legging both for $50 but they don't have all of them in an XL and I'm not that overweight but the L looked horrendous.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm a thrift store junkie and found some brand new Athleta tall workout pants, tags still on, for $12, plus I had a coupon for a discount. I had never tried Athleta before, and am now a convert, and realize how lucky I was to stumble across them. I'm 5' 10" and they are long enough for me. You could probably find Athleta through Amazon. They're probably my most favorite workout / stretchy pants ever, and I wear them not just working out but in outfits like with a tunic and boots.

Usually "tall" doesn't even work for me, I need "extra tall" if I can find them. Most "talls" run about 33-34" inseam and I need at least 35".

I once found Tall size leggings through Lands End, bought a couple pairs. This was years ago, and they have held up incredibly well. Still have them and wear them when my Athletas are, sadly, in the wash.
  • StacywithaY
    Options
    @carlydogsmom that is a crazy good find! I looked at their website and I hate the idea of spending so much, but to be able to workout in comfort I am willing to do it! Thnx for the info
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    sjwozniak wrote: »
    @carlydogsmom that is a crazy good find! I looked at their website and I hate the idea of spending so much, but to be able to workout in comfort I am willing to do it! Thnx for the info

I know! I'll only buy another pair at full (or better, sale) price when these wear out. Can't possibly think I'd find another treasure like that at a thrift store! They're worth it though!

Alot of times when the leggings aren't long enough, I wear legwarmers. That's usually when I wear leggings as an actual outfit, though, not in the gym.
  • unicornumame
    unicornumame Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I have these size small in "long". They are 100% worth the cost. Very hardy, never fall down and comfortable for working out. I adore them! https://www.victoriassecret.com/vs-sport/apparel-performance-bottoms/knockout-by-victoria-sport-high-rise-tight-victoria-sport?ProductID=314353&CatalogueType=OLS
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with Old Navy workout clothes, and they sell stuff in a Long. They aren't overly expensive either.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Old Navy actually has leggings in tall and they are quite long. I love to cup them in my tennis too. Best of luck!
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    The C9 line at Target has leggings that have the wide band at the top. They give me extra coverage with bending down.
  • Amy_QueenInTraining
    Options
    I'm around your height and have the same problem. Also, the capri length want to hit me at the knee *insert angry face* SO........ I buy the ankle length, roll them up one time and they are capri length! These are the walmart brand, by the way. They are comfy but yeah, they still dont stay up high enough on my waist.
  • StacywithaY
    Options
    The C9 line at Target has leggings that have the wide band at the top. They give me extra coverage with bending down.

I've bought long sweats from this line, but haven't seen leggings, will hv to look online. Thnx!
  • StacywithaY
    Options
    A bit of an update: I recently ordered a couple pairs of leggings from JC Penney's Xersion line and the are actually long enough for me at 6 ft. They were also super affordable compared to some of the other sites I checked out. I also ordered a tunic that covers the bum from their tall line and a cute workout tank. Definitely worth checking out :smile:
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    VIV collection on Amazon has soft Lularoe type leggings for $11. Love them.. I'm 5'9.5" but my daughter is 5"11" and they fit her too.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'm 176 cm tall and these Nike Tech leggings are plenty long enough. Wore them nearly every day this past winter in Australia.

http://store.nike.com/au/en_gb/pd/tech-running-tights/pid-10201779/pgid-11871173

Plus they've got a phone pocket and a divided key/cash pocket which are absolutely brilliant design.