Losing 100 pounds hopefully this year

Options
2016 didn't turn out as I hoped as to my weight loss so I am going to make 2017 my year. I need to lose a total of 100 pounds. I see a dietician once a week who is helping me get and stay on track but I could use all the support I can get.

Replies

• monicalillibridge
    Options
    Best wishes on your journey. Does your dietician set up macros limits for you as well. This is the key in my opinion. Good luck!
  • arachelm5
    arachelm5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you need to lose 100 pounds, but wishing you the best of luck on your weight goal!
  • Sicaari001
    Sicaari001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have the 100 pounds in 2017 goal. 100 pounds. That doesn't sound so bad. 2 pounds a week for a solid year. Yeah, I can do that. I'm a serial starter. I always start off well. I lost 40 pounds a year or so ago, and then added it back on with interest. The thing I'm going to do different this time is use social media to my advantage. I HATE social media, but if it helps keep me accountable, then I will get over it. I WILL achieve my goal this year. I have a plan, but I tend to get burned out on it. I will need help with that.
  • KelsJourney28
    KelsJourney28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. That is my goal as well.
  • stephneejune
    stephneejune Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a goal of 200lb to lose. To date, I've lost 77.4lb in 5 months with help from Sanford Profile. I have 122.6lb left to go. 2017 here I come! With you as a new MFP friend I hope!
  • star3dust
    star3dust Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal. I started last year, lost some weight, then put it back on. Feel free to add me
  • tikiginger
    tikiginger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I need to lose 91 pounds, and well, if I don't do it this year...when the heck am I going to do it?! Looks like I've had the same problem many folks have had - lose 20 lbs and gain it back (with interest.) Please feel free to add me.
  • Phoebe305
    Phoebe305 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also have about 100 pounds to lose by the end of 2017! Right now I feel good but I'm also a "serial starter". I'm doing everything I can to stay motivated. I don't want to keep repeating the same cycle. I just absolutely have to lose it this year. Let's all do this!
  • MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    100+ lbs for me and I'm determined to make 2017 my year!!!
  • MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Phoebe305 wrote: »
    Also have about 100 pounds to lose by the end of 2017! Right now I feel good but I'm also a "serial starter". I'm doing everything I can to stay motivated. I don't want to keep repeating the same cycle. I just absolutely have to lose it this year. Let's all do this!

I can sympathize with the "serial starter." No better time than the beginning of a new year. LET'S KEEP EACH OTHER MOTIVATED!!!
  • ketogrl1971
    ketogrl1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looks there are a bunch of us with the same goal! Add me to the list. Lets make this our year!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Add me too! Is everyone posting weekly gains/losses?
  • fitjerseygirl
    fitjerseygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goal is to also lose 100 lbs this year - good luck to all!
  • cbrestensky
    cbrestensky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been at this a about a year and a half. I love MFP, but unfortunately have had too many friends drop off over time. There are still some faithful friends working hard, but I would love some more! I can't remember how to send friend requests in the community, but if your interested, send me a request. I am going to lose 75 pounds this year!
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me but I can keep you motivated!