New Start

Options
Hi. My name is Brittany. I'm a 33 year old mother of 1, a son, who is a special needs child. I am separated from my husband of 9 years, and will be getting divorced. This entire year has been difficult, and rather than wait until the new year, I figured I'd begin my new start now.

So, hi everyone!

Replies

• ACory69
    ACory69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes 13 years ago, but with 2 sons. Reading your post reminded me of where I was then, completely at the bottom, having to start completely over, and a physical mess ((50 lbs overweight, high BP, pre-diabetic). I was in such a dark place. TRUST ME, your best days are ahead of you. I engaged my mind (went back to college, finished my degree while working full time), and my body (beat loneliness and drama by devoting time to myself, walking and eventually running, eating right, and losing 60lbs) and I developed a whole new sense of self. It was difficult, but I wouldn't trade those years of soul-searching and the closeness I developed with my sons for anything. I'd wish you luck, but luck has little to do with it. I wish you peace of mind, a strong will, and the knowledge that you are strong, smart, and worthy. Happy new year, and happy new life!
  • BrittanysNewStart
    Options
    Thank you! I cannot even express how much that means to me.