We got this; Add me & let's cheer each other on !

Options
BeHappy2
BeHappy2 Posts: 15 Member
edited December 2016 in Getting Started
Was in a car accident...out of my routine and healing for 4 months added 25 pounds.
Just got back on my bike and short jogging.
Feel free to add for mutual motivation.

Replies

• WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BeHappy2 wrote: »
    Was in a car accident...out of my routine and healing for 4 months added 25 pounds.
    Just got back on my bike and short jogging.
    Feel free to add for mutual motivation.

Did you have surgery?

Frank
  • BeHappy2
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was hit by a semi and fractured my L2...lower back mucles severly injured. Stuck in the sadness swamp and a back brace for 2ish months. Now I can tie my own shoes again so I can lose the weight I gained and get out of the funk.
    Blessed & happy to be alive !!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    From my experience, your lumbar spine is very important lol. Be careful out there. Any permanent damage or did you fully heal?
  • BeHappy2
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The fracture is healed...still feel like I need to be in tune with how much I can work the lower back but the weight gain may be a factor.
    Today went well...only slightly sore during my 6 mile bike ride.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar boat. Motorcycle accident had me off my feet for two months and completely derailed my once very active lifestyle. Are you in physical therapy right now? Request sent, btw :)
  • BeHappy2
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have an fairly in tune with my body and the worst damage was the lower back pull. Really had me fighting with self pity.
    I started with hot yoga sessions ( which was new and AWESOME physically and emotionally ) to begin working the weakened lower back and then started back on some short runs and bike rides...building up.
    How bad was your damage..how are you now?