Bad Week 2 Weight Loss?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has had a low # on their weight loss for week 2. The first week I lost 4 pounds:laugh: , but then during the second week I only lost 1/2 pound:cry:

I'm thinking this might be normal...I know they always talk about Week 2 on the Biggest Loser...but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your support! :smile:

Replies

• lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has had a low # on their weight loss for week 2. The first week I lost 4 pounds:laugh: , but then during the second week I only lost 1/2 pound:cry:

I'm thinking this might be normal...I know they always talk about Week 2 on the Biggest Loser...but I wanted to make sure.

• devans
    devans Posts: 1
    Options
    I have just started but wanted to tell you not to be discouraged at all. Any loss is great news and you have to know that it is not in the numbers but know that some weeks will be better than others. I don't sweat the numbers but I notice the inches and how my clothes are fixing. Just be encouraged!

:wink:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

i think its normal. just stay on track and dont get discouraged. i think it is great that you lost another 1/2 pound - just think, it is another 1/2 pound you will never have to see again!

so many things affect our bodies and our bodies react strangly sometimes. just be glad you lost what you have and keep on keeping on. make sure you keep to your food/excercise plan and you should be well on your way! :flowerforyou:
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Same thing here, lost almost 5 pounds first week, nothing second, put picked back up and lost 2 the third. Keep at it, you will see the number on the scale dropping soon!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

It's perfectly normal to slow down after the first week, since the first one is mostly water weight.
    Just keep with it though, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Traditionally week two is always the most disappointing week on the tv show the biggest loser. They always dread that week.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options

I lost nothing my second week and only a pound my third. So don't feell bad just keep on keeping on. Like my grandma says keep that chest out and chin up.:laugh:
  • lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your reassuring comments...it really helps!:happy:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale, but suspecting that this being 1.5 week into this, I lost alot, my clothes fit WAY different.....I am guessing close to 8 pounds maybe........maybe 5, but they are fitting closer to 8......I am sure I will not lose anything next week! I have to say though, when I did this before (10 years ago) I lost steadily like 3 pounds a week after the second week, 9 pounds my 4th week, then at 40lbs, the weight started FALLING off of me.....like falling off for 20 pounds.......

So hang in there the second week is just the second week of a long life of healthy...........................................

GO Green!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Same here, maybe the same or a small gain. I didn't know that the 2nd week was most disappointing on Biggest Loser, that makes me feel alot better.