Need friends and buddies

Options
Help!!! I've gained 30 pounds this year. Must get it off. Looking to encourage others as well as receive support.

Replies

• waltcote59
    waltcote59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I am starting this thing over again after losing and gaining it back. Blood pressure rising and i am so lazy as far as exercising. :)
  • MsCupcake7
    MsCupcake7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do this
  • lagina19871
    lagina19871 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good morning I will add you.
  • ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll add you!
  • isyssmommy1
    isyssmommy1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi add me!
  • afireflyspins
    afireflyspins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did this before. Initially had some good results, but since hitting menopause I started gaining weight while not eating very much at all. Last go round with MFP I gained two lbs after a month, and really lost heart in the process. I was being so good–weighing everything, entering recipes, but still, the weight keeps creeping up. Have always, always, exercised, but need to modify due to injury-i.e. can't run, do yoga, or lift super heavy weights, but can spin, do pilates, lift light weights. Have worked up to being able to do push ups again after an intense shoulder injury. Walk a ton. Now after going on a plant based diet recommended by my primary care and gaining 7 pounds in two weeks in the process, I'm back. My drs think I'm making a big deal out of nothing because technically I'm really healthy, but I'm at my wits end. I don't want to go out and see old friends because I'm so self conscious. I would love to see a nutritionist, but sadly it's not covered by my insurance and isn't in the budget. I used to never think of having to loose weight–if I gained a few lbs, all I needed to do was cut out a dessert or two. If I was stressed, I would actually get too skinny. My gyn says that the weight gain is purely due to menopause, but it's 30 lbs, and it keeps going up! I was hoping it had evened out, but just recently it's been skyrocketing again. I don't know what to do.
  • mssas12
    mssas12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this and I'm not quite sure how it works. I would love a buddy in this weight loss journey. I have gained over 45lbs in this past year and I want it off of me.
  • misshannahjordan
    Options
    Hi, I am Hannah. A 31 year old secondary teacher from Liverpool, England. Looking to make some FP friends to help to motivate me! :-) x
  • fatkid1110
    fatkid1110 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Luvmakeup608
    Luvmakeup608 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I've been on here for awhile. I'm looking for friends for motivation and encouragement. I'm on a weight loss journey to lose 20+ pounds, tone up, and eat clean. So please add me!
  • stitchinowl
    stitchinowl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just came back here this week. Trying to lose 40 lbs after I started gaining little by little in the past two years. Please add me. :)
  • mcgeechat28
    mcgeechat28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me girl
  • NeedToBeThin87
    NeedToBeThin87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Add me on up! :)
  • vangirly
    vangirly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm up for more support. I've been on the journey for a long time, but I've decided that this is going to be my year. Add me. :)
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me or anyone here can, I lost 70ish pounds over a year about a year ago, gained about 30 back, I'm afraid to look, I am so off track, I'm off the road, and turning 50 in Jan. I can definitely feel the extra weight, in premenopause, on hormones, found out I have hashimotos thyroid condition, started thyroid meds, dealing with possible gastritis and weaning myself off of the meds, I just lately have no ambition, and I am frustrated. I know I need to at least get back off the weight I gained, am maintain it. With the new year starting I want to make this a priority again. Anyone else in?
  • truth4u2eat
    truth4u2eat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, looking forward in completing my quest to be better than i was when i was in my 20's. Looking at pics from my teens, 20, and early 30's i stayed lean and soild all year... when i reached my late 30's i lost my motivation and gained a lot of weight, FF after making my mom a promise to lose this weight 2 days before she passed on, my drive has returned, the same drive i had when i played college and pro football. looking to build new friendships,and to help encourage one another.
  • queensamearh
    queensamearh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Need a few friends to help us to lose the weight.
  • charmaine73
    charmaine73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I lost 60 pounds a year and a half ago with changing my life and eating......in the past 3 months I'm steadily gaining it back. Now I'm 30 pounds up and have to stop making excuses and get back to my routine. You can add me and I'm more than happy to add as well. I'm new to the message boards even thou I've been on fitness pal for years, I think it's time I received help from others in the same situation instead of thinking I'm okay doing this on my own.
    Take a village......
  • 1Mrsmcdilbert
    1Mrsmcdilbert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am having issues getting back on track. Please feel free to add me. I need more friends to help out as well.