Fitbit blaze or other watch reviews? Owner opinions too...

Options
13»

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    The FR235 is a very capable device, as long as you recognise that for your workouts category nothing will give you an accurate calorie estimate.

If you want to add swimming to the list, then you're into the 920XT or the 735XT, both of which are probably significantly overspecified for your needs.

Given where you are I'd assume some trail running, since you've got the Peak District National Park on your doorstep. In the price range you're talking you're getting GPS derived altitude, but that's no big issue.
  • TalQureshi
    TalQureshi Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The FR235 is a very capable device, as long as you recognise that for your workouts category nothing will give you an accurate calorie estimate.

If you want to add swimming to the list, then you're into the 920XT or the 735XT, both of which are probably significantly overspecified for your needs.

Given where you are I'd assume some trail running, since you've got the Peak District National Park on your doorstep. In the price range you're talking you're getting GPS derived altitude, but that's no big issue.

Thanks again, you've given me loads to think about.

The swimming isn't that important and I only swim every two weeks or so. Besides I agree for my style of workouts not sure I need something as pricey as the higher models. I probably wouldn't use 20% of the features.

Okay, looks like my mind is made up. Fr235 is the one :)

Now just need to find some good deals, I think Amazon are doing it for £200, let me know if it's cheaper anywhere else.

Tal
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'd normally go to Wiggle, but it looks like it's 216 there, so Amazon is probably your best bet.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tomtom adventurer.

that is the answer
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    shredcamps wrote: »
    Fitbit, much like GoPro did a great job with marketting and are the first name on most peoples lips.
    before you buy a fitbit though google for the failure rate, i had 4 surges, and a charge HR, all had faulty straps.
    i now use the tomtom Adventurer. a far better fitness watch in every way

I can't even imagine what a "faulty strap" is, though you're not the first person to mention it. Where exactly did it fail? Been wearing mine for over a year.

I've had almost almost every Fitbit made. I get excited for new ones and upgrade lol. The only "faulty" one would be the Charge. I only had it a short time as I upgraded to the Charge HR but my daughter and both sisters had replacements sent as all their bands fell apart. But that model has been discontinued. I have never had issues with any of mine. I've had the Flex, Zip, Charge, Charge HR, Surge, Blaze and now the Charge HR 2 and so far it's my favorite. The Surge was a bit bulky but it has built in GPS. No device is 100% accurate but it gives a ballpark idea.
  • TalQureshi
    TalQureshi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    shredcamps wrote: »
    Fitbit, much like GoPro did a great job with marketting and are the first name on most peoples lips.
    before you buy a fitbit though google for the failure rate, i had 4 surges, and a charge HR, all had faulty straps.
    i now use the tomtom Adventurer. a far better fitness watch in every way

I can't even imagine what a "faulty strap" is, though you're not the first person to mention it. Where exactly did it fail? Been wearing mine for over a year.

I've had almost almost every Fitbit made. I get excited for new ones and upgrade lol. The only "faulty" one would be the Charge. I only had it a short time as I upgraded to the Charge HR but my daughter and both sisters had replacements sent as all their bands fell apart. But that model has been discontinued. I have never had issues with any of mine. I've had the Flex, Zip, Charge, Charge HR, Surge, Blaze and now the Charge HR 2 and so far it's my favorite. The Surge was a bit bulky but it has built in GPS. No device is 100% accurate but it gives a ballpark idea.

Hi,

Why do you like the charge hr2 the most? Just interested.

Thanks for your feedback
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I have a Fenix 3 HR and love it.

Yeah, that's another advantage skiing has over cycling: you use a better Garmin.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    TalQureshi wrote: »
    Optional:
    Swimming lengths/times

I could be wrong, but I think only the most expensive of the Forerunner line will do this. Meaning not the 235, but the 920XT. I'd go with the Fenix 3 instead, it's the same code base as the 920, but with more features, and better looks.