food craving

Options
What about food cravings? how to beat these? :huh: I think a big part of my diet is carbohydrate. How to reduce carbohydrate craving. please help.:smile:

Replies

• JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I know this is one of those things that sound like "yea, right" BUT I find that the more water I drink, the easier the cravings get. I also have cravings like crazy..

since your cravings are carbs, try replacing bad carbs with good carbs and start to re-train your body to want healthy carbs - fruits and whole grains.

You can do it!!!
  • xxshewolfxx
    Options
    I think it's less about beating your cravings, than finding a healthy substitute and allowing occasional craved foods.
    If you crave chocolate or sugar (as I do) then you should try healthy breakfast bars. I found the Strawberry or the Chocolate Alpen bars were brilliant. If you crave Pastries/Donuts, then try toast with a *small* amount of Jam/ Peanut Butter. If you prefer savoury snacks (crisps etc.) then rice cakes are a brilliant alternative, and you can get flavoured ones. You shouldn't stop yourself eating bad things, you'll only feel bad. You should allow yourself some in moderation ;)
    Hope this helps.

Kat, x
  • jml107
    jml107 Posts: 27
    Options
    a lot of people mistake thirst for hunger as well so try drinking water or zero calorie life water, something like that. I also started replacing my cravings with fruit. I wanted a snickers, I'd eat an apple which is healthier and still gives me the sugar my body wanted. Now I crave things like spinach and broccoli. It took my body a while to get there but now that I am here it makes things so much easier.
  • kanzz
    kanzz Posts: 13
    Options
    yeah , i am trying to drink more water nowadays. i don't know what are the good carbs and what are the bad carbs. can u please give me some examples about what to replace with what. :smile:
  • ptheders
    ptheders Posts: 24
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? I crave carbs and sugar like mad when I don't get enough sleep. Mondays are by far the hardest day for me to stay on track :(
  • kanzz
    kanzz Posts: 13
    Options
    i think i am getting enough sleep. even when i don't get enough sleep at night i try have afternoon nap sometime.
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    yeah , i am trying to drink more water nowadays. i don't know what are the good carbs and what are the bad carbs. can u please give me some examples about what to replace with what. :smile:

you can do a quick web search if you like. Mostly good carbs are things found in a natural state. Fruits, veggies, beans, Also, I add in whole grains where I can. I try to choose high fiber wraps. I am not a fan of high fiber bread, so i just go with the 100% whole grain wheats. But caution to not overdo the processed foods as they are often high in sodium.