It's on!

Options
Hi! My name is Mary and I'm 51 years young. I just joined yesterday. We're having a weightloss challenge at work and I called one of my co-workers to ask if I could join his team. He replied, "Uhhhh...I'm gonna have to sayyy....no. Don't mean to hurt your feelings, but we want to WIN." All I could say was 'Wow" due to the lump in my throat. It did hurt my feelings. I guess he thinks I'm a loser in the wrong sense. He doesn't think I can do it! After I shook off the rejection I decided, 'I'll show him! It's on!' So I'm joining another team. Actually, I think his rejection was the fire I needed lit under me. So here I am. I am 55 lbs overweight and my feet hurt. I know in my heart it's because of the extra weight. I truly want to be healthier and feel younger. Good luck to us all!:happy:

Replies

• TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

To me you are already a winner cause you are here with much more support than he will have with his 'team'. Afterall you have ALL of us!
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That a girl! SHOW HIM! Go can & will do it! Whenever you feel like giving up just think about how great it will feel to rub his face in your success! :tongue:
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, Mary! I'm brand new here, too... 51 years old with about 50 pounds to lose. How close is that? I had to reply regarding your co-workers -- HOW IGNORANT! They want to win? Guess what? They have already LOST by not accepting and supporting YOU. Please go to my profile and read about how I got here. Feel free to friend me - I have only one friend on this site so far, and she's my real-life workout buddy - and I'll be happy to encourage and support you. You CAN do it if you really want to and are willing to make some changes in your life. I know from experience!
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The guy sounds like a huge jerk. Get him!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    You go girl! Welcome to MFP!
  • soguesswhat
    soguesswhat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe he'd say that to you. I'm glad it motivates you, but I know how much that had to hurt. And you WILL show him! You're already a winner by joining another team! I hope you will meet your goal and make YOUR team the winners! You can do it!!
  • heather752
    heather752 Posts: 17
    Options
    Good for you..... Well, you have come to the right place! This is an awesome website, and we are all here to support each other! Best of luck on your journey :flowerforyou:

And as for that jerk.....don't give him another minutes thought! You can do this!
  • poutinEeyore
    poutinEeyore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mary and I'm 51 years young. I just joined yesterday. We're having a weightloss challenge at work and I called one of my co-workers to ask if I could join his team. He replied, "Uhhhh...I'm gonna have to sayyy....no. Don't mean to hurt your feelings, but we want to WIN." All I could say was 'Wow" due to the lump in my throat. It did hurt my feelings. I guess he thinks I'm a loser in the wrong sense. He doesn't think I can do it! After I shook off the rejection I decided, 'I'll show him! It's on!' So I'm joining another team. Actually, I think his rejection was the fire I needed lit under me. So here I am. I am 55 lbs overweight and my feet hurt. I know in my heart it's because of the extra weight. I truly want to be healthier and feel younger. Good luck to us all!:happy:

Welcome to MFP! that's horrable (sp??) that someone can be so mean. But there are some people out there that are just that. You will definately find support here on boards... Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lildrmr93
    lildrmr93 Posts: 51
    Options
    You got this!!!!! YOU will show him. Welcome to MFP!!!
  • rebecca1608
    Options
    You have joined a much better team. We are all right behind you.
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    What an a@#. You have the right attitude and have come to the right place!! Go get'em girlie!! :drinker: