2-wk binge resulted in weight loss?!

Options
joowelz
joowelz Posts: 170 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I posted here last week about emotional eating. With the holidays underway, I've repeatedly gone over my weekly calorie budget by 700-1,500 calories. Last week it was cookies and cake. This week it was fried, greesy food at Mandarin, followed by cheesecake and pie at the all-you-can-eat dessert bar, and chocolate and cookies again later in the week. Today was my weigh-in day. At first, I was going to skip weighing myself because I was sure that I had gained weight. But when I got over my fear and weighed in, the scale said I lost weight (1 lbs in 2 weeks). How is this possible? My activity level has been the same so how did I create a calorie deficit?

Replies

• saishyamk
    saishyamk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    May be your body got rid of a little water weight it was carrying. I read somewhere that water weight can fluctuate from 4 to 8 lbs.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Whats your weight loss set to. You can still be under your calories used, 1 lb in 2 weeks is 250 under i think? You probably ate the crap food and felt bad so avoided eating alot the rest of the time. Still ended up under your calorie usage. Theres a reason people say eat whatever you want in your calories. It works just fine XD
  • littleknownblogger
    Options
    Calorie deficit is not the only vector for fat loss. You may simply have lowered your stress hormone production, signaling your body that it no longer needed to store as much bodyfat.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mayb all those carbs gave u ,pre energy and you worked out harder and burned more? Either way be thankful I wish I would have the same results after a two week holiday binge. Mandarin pie and cheesecake!!!! I'm jealous
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Where are you in your menstrual cycle? Many women have a big weight loss whoosh after their period. For me, it's exactly a week after the day it starts.
  • joowelz
    joowelz Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001 My period is due tomorrow. You're right, i do lose weight the week after my period, but I thought going over my calorie budget would result in weight gain (or at least plateau) regardless. The only explanation I can think of is I overestimated the calories in my binges? ie a fried Mandarin egg roll and breaded shrimp. Who can accurately tell how many calories these have? I just guestimated.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just don't think it always works this way .. it's what gets me in trouble .. when I think I got away with something ..

Good luck