Looking for Iced Coffee Alternaetives

Options
So I love love love iced coffees from starbucks or mcdonalds and the such. Caramel Frappe's or MOcha Cocounut. yummmm... I need alternateives to these not so diet friendly yummy drinks.

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    idk how much of a calorie loss you need from your drink, but i drink an iced coffee (not frapps which are blended) from starbucks with nonfat milk and splenda and it's only 30 calories..
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    using low fat or skim milk would cut down on the calories
  • cband
    cband Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Frappes and iced coffee don't come in low fat at Mcdonald's...I used to make them all day lol.
    They have non fat ice lattes/mochas though...I don't like them but you may :p

GL cause I want al alternative too! There's no starbucks here.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I make it at home with sugar-free syrup and skim milk.
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well a medium caramel frappe at mcdonalds is well over 500 calories so I would say a 300 calorie difference at the very least.
    I suppose I should have specified, sweet iced coffee drinks.
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cold and black, stimulation!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    I just get regular iced coffee with sweet and low or sugar sub and a little skim milk....basically a similar flavor for very few calories
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I brew up some of those little Vita packets from starbucks and add them to my chocolate Shakeology. Makes for a sort of Coco/Mocha flavored drink that's freaking awesome.
  • oklanoue
    oklanoue Posts: 33
    Options
    I drink a large SUGAR FREE VANILLA Iced Coffee from McDOnalds and it is a lot less calories than the Frappe's and I think it tastes better than the reg Vanilla coffee...
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    My recipe:

I take a 30 ounce mug, put in a tablespoon of instant decaf and dissolve with a little hot tap water. Then I add 1/2 to 1 cup of light soy milk which is 30 to 60 calories. Add some DaVinci sugar free syrup and then fill the rest of the mug with refrigerated water leaving room for some ice. YUM

sometimes at work I will use 1 or 2 tablespoons of half and half instead of soy milk and that's just 20 or 40 calories.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The tall mocha light frappuccino at Starbucks has only 100 calories, and I think the caramel one is low too.
    I believe both are under 140 for even a grande and they taste delicious
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Maxwell House makes single serving packets. It is 150 calories when made with 8 oz skim milk. They are good and not too horrible on the calories.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/

Make that with your favorite ground coffee (we like Starbucks Breakfast Blend). Then you can add whatever flavors you want to control the calorie content. I use like 2 heaping teaspoons of sugar and a bunch of flavored CoffeeMate, and it brings me to around 60 calories for a 16-oz serving, but you could use less or different things if you want fewer cals. It's also considerably cheaper, and you can have it first thing in the morning instead of getting up, getting ready, driving to Starbucks, and waiting in line. :)
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    At McD's I go for the non fat latte with sugar free vanilla.

Here's the differences in 1 cup of milk:
    •Whole Milk - 150 Calories - 8g Fat
    •2% Milk - 120 Calories - 4.5g Fat (Reduced fat milk)
    •1% Milk - 100 Calories - 2.5g Fat (Low-fat milk)
    •Skim Milk - 80 Calories - 0g Fat (Nonfat milk)

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/McCafeMenu.pdf
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    I brew up some of those little Vita packets from starbucks and add them to my chocolate Shakeology. Makes for a sort of Coco/Mocha flavored drink that's freaking awesome.

That sounds good - do you add them to the full shake already made or to the powder?
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I like the International Cafes. The vanilla caramel, vanilla bean sugarfree, dark mayan chocolate and toasted hazelnut are all favorites of mine. They are pretty low in calories, around 60-70, and the sugar-free ones are around 40 calories. I have switched to those instead of a Starbucks most mornings. In the summer, though I want a frappe! So, instead I just add hot water to mix, then throw it in the fridge for awhile. Put it in the blender with some ice cubes and it satisfies that frappe craving for me for a lot less calories.