Who gave up logging today?

Options
2»

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I might not log every day, but I keep a rough total in my head through the day. Listening to your body is really important on non-logging days too. After a while, you recognize how your body is supposed to feel at the end of the day. I also generally restrict sweets on those days, since they are harder to figure out portions/calories just by looking.

Of course, that's assuming that one would want to stay on track during non-logging days. Letting yourself go once in a while without worrying about calories and nutrition can be cathartic, as well.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I still logged, but I didnt have christmas dinner :)
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I actually wish mfp would change the program so when you do miss a day, you do not get reset back to day 1 and have to start over. I think it would be better if the program had two counters, one to measure your current "streak" and the other counting how many consistent weeks you have been active.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I log but on weekends and on my birthday I did not log everything, I am usually with spare calories , worrying a lot about it stresses me and that creates cortisol which I do not want! I just try not to indulge, only on a day, a time, most of the time I can, sometimes I go over my carb count a wee bit. :blush:
  • MissPauling
    MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I refused to log for 3 days because I knew I would be going over, even though I didn't super indulge in food (it stopped being fun for me). Didn't see a good reason to log how I go over and getting upset over it. I also don't go on the scale for at least another week, but I'm back to logging today.
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My exercises are always logged automatically, just started logging food again as I am trying the Primal diet and want to track carbs especially at least for a while, after that I will be pretty set with what carbs I'm eating so won't really need to as long as the scale keeping dropping.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I logged as well as possible - no way I am loosing my streak
    So I went over, no reason not to log. I scheduled it I knew I would. For me personally not logging would feel as if I were denying that I ate what I did and to deny that I want over and defeating the purpose of what I have have been doing for the last three years having an insight to my eating habits