SO Motivated to start... not so much to keep going

I keep trying so hard to be healthy and it work... for about 3 days. Any tips on how to keep it going when I just want to give up?

Replies

• HelenaChang
    HelenaChang Posts: 4 Member
    Start small. Too much too soon is overwhelming. I wrote down my goals and tackle them one at a time until each becomes a habit. Also. Eating small meals/snack through out the day really helps. I never let myself become so hungry that I am ravenous and eat everything in sight like I used to.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    I have the same problem! A couple things that help me:

Pre-log your week as much as possible. I basically eat the same breakfast, lunch, and snack every day, so every Monday I log those for the week and then fill in dinner daily. It feels like you're already a step ahead each day, and know what your plan is

Plan for snacks or whatever you like to indulge in. I try to work them into my daily calories, and to buy things that are low-calorie that will still satisfy any craving I have

Make sure what you're doing to be healthy is actually sustainable. You don't need to cut out all "bad" foods, you really just need to account for all the calories you eat, and make small changes to make sure those calories are mostly coming from "good" foods
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Make some progress, be pleased with that. Be proud of that. Keep that. Get more of that.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Don't think too hard - make small changes, plan ahead and only buy low calorie snacks so so you won't do too much damage if you over-indulge. Plan (non of edible) treats for yourself and try and do a 10 minute walk, in the fresh air if possible, everyday.

Most importantly, think about your reasons for doing this, do you want to be the same in 3,6,12 months time?