Starting over...need my body back!

Options
I am 49 and was a stay at home mom up until a year ago,...I was alot more active before i started working...have gained 20 lb in that year...i sit at a desk all day...i texted one of my co-workers to see if she would walk with me at lunch...she said yes...she needed it too.
I had been doing low carb and have fallen off that wagon too...caved into bread..rice...bagels...uggg....i don't know why i eat it because it makes me feel bloated after...so i am cutting that out...going to stick to lean protein, veggies and fruit.

Replies

• dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You can do this, being a "desk jockey" makes it challenging for sure.
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets can be difficult because people take them to the extreme. It's ok to cut carbs as you know but there are some people who are down to 50g per day which is far to low unless you are going to compete. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask I'm here to help.
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel you...I've started back today also. I put back on about 20 lbs in the past few months and my body is definitely feeling it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    kushneap wrote: »
    Low carb diets can be difficult because people take them to the extreme. It's ok to cut carbs as you know but there are some people who are down to 50g per day which is far to low unless you are going to compete. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask I'm here to help.

50g(net which means carbs minus fiber) or less is not far too low. its a keto diet. its low carb and high fat.you dont have to eat that way to compete either. a lot of people eat that way because they have type 2 diabetes,insulin resistance,pcos or other health issues. it also can help control some types of seizures eating this way. its not unhealthy like some think. but to lose weight you still have to be in a deficit it doesnt matter how you eat.
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You can still lose weight eating carbs, but if they make you feel awful, then definitely cut back or cut them out. Whatever makes you feel best is most likely to become a habit. Cheers!