Attn Runners

Would like to hear from runners, I'm new here but could use support from running types! I run at least twice a week usually doing around 10 miles weekly, I'm a member of a great fell and trail running club here in Lancashire. I'm constantly managing injuries and am hoping that weightloss will make me less injury prone

Please add me for mutual support etc.

Replies

• jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Friend requst coming your way! I'm sort of a newbie runner. I've run in the past but have only recently learned to enjoy it...well, parts of it, anyway. Some days are still iffy. LOL But this is the first time I've ever called myself a runner. I've been doing C25K and am up to running about 20 minutes 3 times a week. Looking forward to my first 5K this fall!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    power walker here tring to move on to jogging/running! i walk EVERY single day....2.5 miles..add me if you want xx
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Hi, I'm what you might call a runner, I've done two 10ks and have my first half coming up in November. Still really trying to 'figure it out', avoid injury/pain, and improve my pace! Will add you :o)
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Started the Couch to 5k in May 2010, now do 4-6 miles a day 6 days a week. I would seriously recommend this program for anyone that has struggled with weight and needs to get more active. There is no substitute for exercise and a healthy diet.

I'm down 37 lbs. since starting MFP and down 87 lbs. total. I am off of meds for cholesterol and high blood pressure and just lowered my final goal from 215 to 205 - yes, the last few pounds are vanity pounds :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    I just started calling myself a runner. I had to suffer shin splints and lower back problems on my way to 100 miles this year.

I noticed a big change when I started to run with a heart rate monitor and keeping my heart rate within the AT range (http://www.runnersweb.com/running/hr_calculator_new.html). So if you're not using one, give it a go :-).
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Hi, I'm what you might call a runner, I've done two 10ks and have my first half coming up in November. Still really trying to 'figure it out', avoid injury/pain, and improve my pace! Will add you :o)

Are you doing the Santa Clarita Half?

EDIT: oops, never mind, just saw you were not from the US, lol.
  • candis30
    candis30 Posts: 17
    I'm a jogger. Would love to move up to hardcore running. Add me if you want.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    I'm an apathetic runner. Or perhaps just a pathetic runner. Friend request heading your way in the hope you can inspire me!
  • speedy70
    speedy70 Posts: 9
    Ha! I'll try my best... :happy: