From needing to lose 40lbs to now needing to lose 100lbs

Options
McKay85
McKay85 Posts: 60 Member
edited December 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm back and devastated that I have an even harder journey to push through. But, at the same time, I've never been as committed to focusing on my health until now. I'm 31 years old, 5' 10", over 300lbs and I don't want to live the rest of my adult life this way. I've avoided the scale for 4ish years, as well as working out and this is where it has gotten me. I didn't know I gained so much weight until I had to go to the DR for a sinus infection last week. I can't ignore this anymore.

I'm nearly done with my master's and changed jobs a few months ago that has been a very positive change. I believe I've set myself up as best as I can to take on this challenge, but I definitely need help! I might not post something everyday to let you guys know how I'm doing, but I am comitting to tracking my food daily and I will schedule a proper Dr exam by the end of January 2017.

Will you join me and encourage me to push through this rut I've purposely put myself in? I need your expertise and/or experiences to help get me through. And I would be MORE than happy to encourage you, too! ❤

Replies

• brontezbranek
    brontezbranek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • 7ElizabethAnn7
    7ElizabethAnn7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    From July 4th 2013 to July 5th 2014 I lost 107 pounds. This was achieved from eating whole foods, drinking water and doing a lot of walking. I then experienced a very very difficult family situation and it all went out the window. I put it all back on, but fortunately no more than what I originally lost. It has taken me until last week to get my head to where I needed it to be. I am back with a vengeance. I had to forgive myself for this happening. Until I did I was just paralyzed with regret. That was doing me no good. I am currently in school at 51 years old. I am at the end of my unemployment and if I don't find a job soon this could get really really devastating financially. I choose not to use any of that as an excuse. Feel free to send me a friend request. I am a daily poster of everything I eat, including using a scale to weigh it. I have an open diary. When I am on point there is no stopping me and no margin for error. I will be down 107 a year from now. You can do this too, truly!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I was so gung-ho on losing weight in 2016, but then I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogrens and that hit me hard. I have gained back almost all of what was lost up until that point. 2016 has turned out to be a horrible year and I'm ready to hold myself accountable and help others in achieving their fitness/health goals. I have over 100 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!! My diary is open when I do complete, but I haven't been doing that lately. Come Sunday I will start it again.
  • misserin122
    misserin122 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm back for the 2nd time and need to lose 50 lbs. You got this! Feel free to add me! :)
  • legalsec1234a
    legalsec1234a Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me. I am on day 2 of MFP journey. My goal is to lose 165 pounds. WE can do this!!!