Truvia

Options
I decided to try Truvia instead of the other artificial sweeteners. After using it, I was extremely thirsty for four days after. Has anyone had this experience. I could not drink enough of anything to quench my thirst. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
J

Replies

• Bob_Sugar
    Bob_Sugar Posts: 61
    Options
    I use truvia every morning in my coffee, I've never felt that way. I love it!
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use it on my plain shredded wheat about 4 days a week, and I've never had that problem...then again, I regularly drink 12-15 glasses of water a day, so I'm pretty much never thirsty :D Could it have been something else?
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I use it everyday in my plain yogurt and have never had that happen.
  • BarbieHier
    BarbieHier Posts: 29
    Options
    I found out last week I am allergic to any stevia products... I had severe body aches and all over itchiness and allergy like symptoms (I have never had allergies in my life) after using stevia for the last few months. I was fine at first too, took a while for these weird symptoms to show up and I found out about the allergy while searching for something else online.

Stevia is in the ragweed family so if you have allergies, avoid it and see if you feel better. My symptoms are gone after being off stevia for a couple of weeks.

Do a search for stevia allergies and see what you find...I found pages and pages of posts on other diet boards from people who had a range of reactions and got better once they stopped using it.
  • Golfster1
    Golfster1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Took me a little while to get to read the replies....thanks for the info....I will certainly do some research on subject. Good to know.,