Hoping to be successful this time

Options
I need help with getting motivated and need to be held accountable. I have good intentions but my self discipline is not what it needs to be for a successful outcome. Saying a prayer and beginning again tomorrow.

Replies

• caseyochs
    caseyochs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you
  • smoremelts81
    smoremelts81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey :-) I am with.you! We can.do this.
  • tomasamarie
    tomasamarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I didn't do that well today. Went over my budget. I did walk for a 1/2 hour and did strength training for 20 mins. But the food gets me every time. How did every one else do today?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    A word of advice from someone who's been there - don't rely on discipline! No one can be disciplined all the time. Take the time to play around with your diet to find a way to eat the foods you love within your calorie budget. Don't set your weekly goal too high - better to lose slow and take longer than to lose faster but burn out and gain it all back. When I figured out how to eat for the rest of my life at the right calorie level, it got a million times easier, but it took some trial and error to get there, which can be frustrating! But once I did, I didn't have to worry about discipline or will power, at least most of the time. Just keep experimenting until you find your sweet spot and hang in there - good luck :drinker:
  • SUGARBUSHNATURAL
    SUGARBUSHNATURAL Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's all you can do is to keep on keeping on! I fell into the same trap but what has started working for me and my family is that I started using the cooking light diet plan. It is essentially a meal plan and grocery list but it takes the guesswork out of "What am I going to eat today, or What's for dinner" I'm only down 5 pounds but still 5 pounds lighter than I was last week. Lets be friends! uncommon35@gmail.com
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I did pretty ok, its my first day here (though not my first day losing weight) but I stayed under my calorie limit and I walked two hours or so as well. I did go a little over on my fat intake since I had some chocolate as a treat but that's fine - I should be able to stay under tomorrow.

As for food I'm not the most experienced since I've only recently been able to be independent on what I do and don't eat but my best advice would be to play around with your diet and how you approach it until you find something which sticks! For me it also helps sometimes to focus more on nutrients I need and getting them efficiently as possible than specifically on cutting down calories.
  • manther88
    manther88 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It takes time. We all make mistakes. Have to learn from them. Losing weight is very difficult to do and takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

I've been in this boat for about 4-5 years. I don't look overweight but I am and the only person in my way is myself. YOU have to have will power.

I will say that if you're close to god, pray to him about it and he will help you! My short testimony is that I was addicted to sugar and sweets and candy but I asked god to help me get rid of it for good and he is currently answering my prayer. I prayed for it about 9 days ago and all last week I didn't eat anything which was bad but I didn't have the desire to eat sweets which is very weird. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me but I think God is working on me. I still drink sugary drinks sometimes but it'll all take time.

Believe in yourself. Pray to God about it. Don't give up! We can motivate you but in the end it's up to you to decide. Just remember, we don't gain days....we lose them! Make every day count because you won't get it back.

You can add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you all!!!! Feel free to add me here, and on insta!! @thebeautywholifts
  • 2bslimsally
    2bslimsally Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, as well! This will be the year I do it! We are determined, right?
  • cecrowley
    cecrowley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've used MFP very successfully for 4 years.
  • cillarodz91
    cillarodz91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    In the same boat!
  • tomasamarie
    tomasamarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any advice? I'm an emotional water. The last few days have been hard. I went over my calorie count by 500. Ugh!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating needs some pre-planned diversions so as you can deal with your emotions in a way other than eating.

Lonely - volunteer somewhere, call or visit a friend or family member, do hobby type classes
    Angry - go do a boxing class
    frustrated or stressed - walk along or with a friend have a debrief, exercise class, soak in the bath with a good book and bubbles (both types - suds and champers ;) )
    Bored - do something to activate the mind and hands

etc etc
  • mezzamagic
    mezzamagic Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    We can do it :)