5km PB

Options
Just got a PB on my saturday morning park run...started doing this on 14 may and my slowest time was 35mins 57 seconds. Today i did it in 34mins 1 second....felt half a stone heavier due to torrential rain too

wanted to share as i am quite pleased with myself....will i ever be able to do one in under 30 mins>??????? yeah!!!

Replies

• kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!

Double well done for doing it in the rain!! I chickened out today!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    WOW that's great news well done and very impressed you going out in the rain...i'm contemplating a three mile run/walk but also need to go shopping and don't even want to do that how it is now!! Need to get out though as havent been out since Wednesday!

Sure you will be able to do it in under 30 mins but 34 mins is still a great time - i did 5k Race for Life in 50 minutes so you're well ahead of me!

keep up the good work!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Awesome, what a great achievement. Of course you will be able to do it under 30 min. Congrats!!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    Well Done!!!
  • Lazytoad2001
    Lazytoad2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well done you, Parkrun is awesome. I too am aiming for under 30 mins by the end of the year, currently broken though! Whivh Parkrun do you go to my local one is Huddersfield.

K x
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    well done you!! i've just got back from the park, soaking wet too lol i just finished week 6 of c25k, i forgot to log how many kms i did though but i've never attempted a 5k either, 34 minutes seems pretty good :)
  • mcc75
    mcc75 Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks everyone..lazytoad i got to one in birmingham...correction today was my 7th run

My first ever 5km race for life (yrs ago) took me 38 mins so happy to be at 34 now
    lets hope i can keep improving