Cabbage Suggestions?

Options
mommy2boysaz
mommy2boysaz Posts: 42 Member
I have a bag of shredded cabbage that needs to be used and a large head of cabbage. Any good ideas about the best way to use 'em? :)

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    For the shredded cabbage get some egg roll wraps add grilled
    chicken breast and cabbage with hot sauce roll up and bake, yummy egg rolls !
    about 70 cal each (depending on wrap you use)

One of my fav meals is to boil cabbage in tomato sauce (low sodium) add 1lb of browned
    turkey and some brown rice simmer and serv very hardy meal .
    (i now use shredded cauliflower instead of rice but not everyone like that)
  • Lae1962
    Lae1962 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes!!

Take 2 pieces of bacon...@90 calories for both...crisp up in a pan and then remove...leave oil in pan and put bag of shredded cabbage in and toss over medium heat until a bit crunchy brown...crumble the bacon on top and enjoy...with the fat from the bacon you are looking at @ 150 calories for a whole bowl of the most yummy flavor and lots of fiber....enjoy!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Il like it in salad for for a stir fry
  • Adenham70
    Adenham70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I made some Spicy Cabbage Soup... delicious! All u need is Cabbage,Carrots, Chicken Broth,Onions, Chicken breast n some dried chili peppers if u don't like spicy well delete the chili peppers :-). I made mine in the slow cooker.
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I like to saute it in a little oil and add salt and pepper for a veggie side.
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I loved stuffed cabbage but never have time to make it. A friend of mine told me to put all the ingredients of a cabbage roll into a tomato-based soup--it was delicious. I didn't use a recipe, just browned grown turkey with onion and celery and finely chopped carrots, added diced tomatoes, chicken broth, chopped cabbage and rice, let it all cook, added tomato sauce and herbs to taste, and threw in golden raisins at the end, as my mom always used raisins in her cabbage rolls. It's wonderful.
  • drmastermind
    drmastermind Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    make kimchi.. good for you and tastes great too.
  • katantalis
    Options
  • katantalis
    Options
    I loved stuffed cabbage but never have time to make it. A friend of mine told me to put all the ingredients of a cabbage roll into a tomato-based soup--it was delicious. I didn't use a recipe, just browned grown turkey with onion and celery and finely chopped carrots, added diced tomatoes, chicken broth, chopped cabbage and rice, let it all cook, added tomato sauce and herbs to taste, and threw in golden raisins at the end, as my mom always used raisins in her cabbage rolls. It's wonderful.

That sounds delicious. I'm going to try that.
  • SherleeTxn
    SherleeTxn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make Sauteed Cabbage and Ham Steak. Use half the ham steak and cut into pieces then brown it to taste. I rough chop a head of cabbage. Sautee that in a small amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a med heat. Remember it will cook down a lot. Then combine the two and season as you like it, for me that is simply black pepper. We serve with tomato slices and cucumber sticks or a favorite veggie. This serves my husband and I. Hope you will like it!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmahfouza
    tmahfouza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For the shredded cabbage get some egg roll wraps add grilled
    chicken breast and cabbage with hot sauce roll up and bake, yummy egg rolls !
    about 70 cal each (depending on wrap you use)

One of my fav meals is to boil cabbage in tomato sauce (low sodium) add 1lb of browned
    turkey and some brown rice simmer and serv very hardy meal .
    (i now use shredded cauliflower instead of rice but not everyone like that)

Both sound great!!