Type 2 PROOF: Water Works to normalize blood sugar

Options
I've been a Type 2 Diabetic going on 15 years, NOT an Anniversary I'm proud of. While recovering from a nasty coughing spell last night from a dose of our seasonal flu, I started drinking bottled water (16 ounce bottles) while working on my computer. At 5:30 am, I was tired enough to turn off my PC and go back upstairs to bed. My TRUETest BS (Blood Sugar) readings starting @ 2:20 am = 237; again at 4:54 am = 174; and Waking BS @ 8:42 am = 113. Of course, there was no food eaten during this 6, 1/2 hours. WOW, Water works wonders....................Gordie

Replies

• Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    I agree! Shortly after eating Mexican food I had consumed more than 40 oz of ice cold water and my sugar was under 100! The first time I have really paid attention to how well water works!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    That's wonderful, glad it's under control
    I have a daughter who is type 2, we are on
    this journey together, gotta try to get her
    and myself healthier. Good luck to you!

Move over milk...WATER, it does a body good!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Definitely water is the perfect medicine. My mom is type 2 diabetic and I have almost three months keeping her on my watch MFP control and her blood levels before were always above 200-250, but now her blood sugar stays at 100-120 and the reason is eating healthy and 8 or more glasses of water per day. I'm so happy for her and she's feeling so light now. Water and healthy food is the key to long and healthy life......

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Water is one of my struggles. At best I get a couple of 8oz glasses in/day...but that takes a conscious effort.
    Reading these post are just another reason I need MFP! This is encouraging. Im going to work harder
    at replacing my diet coke with H2o !! Thanks
  • Gordie43
    Gordie43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OK, toooooooooooooo much Water is BORING......................so here's how to add zest and taste. BIGELOW Brand Decaf Tea has a Rasberry Flavor which comes in 1 Quart Packages of 8 per box. If you are a diabetic, sweeten it with TRUVIA or STEVIA and your blood sugar won't spike. Add more flavor with 1 cup of Diet Light Cranberry Juice.It works for me..............try it.