Egg yolks

Options
LittleMaid17
LittleMaid17 Posts: 76 Member
edited December 2016 in Food and Nutrition
What can I do with them even if it's not for me?
I have to eat alot of egg whites but then that leaves the yolks.. what can I do with them so they are not wasted?, even if it's for the kids or hubby.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    hollandaise sauce, homemade mayo, or egg yolk ravioli
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    1. Eat them instead of separating them
    2. Buy egg whites in a carton so you don't have the yokes
    3. Make hollandaise sauce, it's delicious
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My mom fed them to the cats.
  • LittleMaid17
    Options
    1. Eat them instead of separating them
    2. Buy egg whites in a carton so you don't have the yokes
    3. Make hollandaise sauce, it's delicious

Don't think can buy egg whites in carton in the UK?

thanks by the way
  • LittleMaid17
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    My mom fed them to the cats.

Don't have cats lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What can I do with them even if it's not for me?
    I have to eat alot of egg whites but then that leaves the yolks.. what can I do with them so they are not wasted?, even if it's for the kids or hubby.

I eat a lot of egg whites as well as whole eggs...for the whites, I use a carton of egg whites.
  • LittleMaid17
    Options
    hollandaise sauce, homemade mayo, or egg yolk ravioli

Thank you ill look into that
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I believe you can freeze them and use them for future recipes like sauces.

If you come to NJ I will eat all your egg yolks. I only tolerate the egg whites because they surround the delicious yolks.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Creme brulee!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    pudding
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    or fried rice YUM
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Eat the egg yolks! They're so good for you! That's where all the hood nutrition if the egg is, because the egg yolk is what a baby chick eats if the egg becomes fertilized.

Tbh if I was just doing egg whites I would just buy the liquid beaters. I don't like wasting food and I doubt I'd go through enough alternative uses to not end up wasting some.
  • LittleMaid17
    Options
    Eat the egg yolks! They're so good for you! That's where all the hood nutrition if the egg is, because the egg yolk is what a baby chick eats if the egg becomes fertilized.

Tbh if I was just doing egg whites I would just buy the liquid beaters. I don't like wasting food and I doubt I'd go through enough alternative uses to not end up wasting some.

Yeah I do eat the yolks but when recipe says 2 full eggs and 6 whites I have to rid the yolks.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You can buy liquid egg white without the yolks...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I have an old family recipe for spritz cookies that calls for hard boiled egg yolks. SO good. Lemme know if you want...

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Add the extra yolks to whole eggs in scrambled eggs or omelets for your hubby and/or kids.

ETA: If you want to go the work of making ice cream for them, there are ice cream recipes that use extra yolks.
    I'm assuming you're separating the whites and yolks before cooking, but if you're hard-boiling before separating (or can figure out a way to get hard-boiled yolks starting with separated raw yolks), grated or crumbled yolks are nice in salads (for hubby and kids. My mom used to put sliced eggs on cooked spinach to tempt us to eat it, but you could do the same with just the hard-cooked yolk. Basically, you can use hard-cooked yolk as a garnish on almost any savory food. We also put diced whole egg into home-made liver "pate" (served fresh - not a cooked or preserved dish); you could do the same with just yolks or extra yolks.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I just asked Dr. Google and came up with myriad ideas. Here is one site with 50 ideas alone: http://neighborfoodblog.com/2014/03/recipes-for-leftover-egg-yolks.html