Food Ideas?

Options
I am hoping this is the right place to ask for this help. I am on a very restricted diet for two reason at the moment. My chronic pain condition seems to be irritated and made worse by a large number of foods to start with which rules out alot of stuff I can eat. On top of this it has been discovered I have small gall stones but they are not what is causing the chronic pain due to the location of the pain but that means now on top of the already limited foods I have to be on a low fat diet also. I was hoping for suggestions on foods I could eat as my list I have is so limited and repetitive I'd very much like some additional options to try.

So far what I can eat consists of soup (either cup a soup or cream off both I'm fine wirh) but no meat flavoured ones and nothing with spice in. Bread and butter /sandwiches with cheese in. Rice pudding, toast, fish in a sauce but no batter or crumbed etc., biscuits, baked/hand cooked crisps, small amount of sweets, breads ticks, Yoghurt, ice cream quiche but again no meat judt plain or cheese and onion. Egg all but fried. And I think that's about it.... Which i am sure you can agree is very limited meal time wise, snacking I'm fine but for actual meals it is rather the same thing all the time. Some weeks due to the difficulty of doing things I'm having tomato soup with bread and butter and then either yoghurt and 8ce cream or just rice e pudding as my meal.

Due to slepe I only get the one main meal a day too. I fill in the rest with snacks which I know isn't healthy but with the amount of sleep I end in having due to ym medication it show its ending up. I also apologise if there is lot of typos I have tried to check it over but with how my brain is on these meds 8 don't always catch everything. I would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on how I cna expand the meals I am able to have with such major restrictions on my diet, thank you.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My impresson is that the restrictions are pretty random and make a boring diet. Have you seen a dietician? If not, I think you should; if you have, find another.
  • cyvain
    cyvain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have seen a dietician that is the problem the dietician coudknt help due to the random. Nature of things they just said eat what i can. In fact both the dieticians I did see said that cuz the I do they'd give me would have been opposite to how my initial food restrictions were and then the low fat ontop has even ruled o it stuff like pizza I csnt have potatoes even in any form cuz that irritates my tummy. Only meat I seem able to manage is fish. It's driving me utterly mad cuz it's such a boring and repetitive diet. I don't even know if there is much else that can be suggested but I thought I'd see what ideas other people had to suggest that might add some to it hopefully.
  • mizzylamiz
    mizzylamiz Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Have you tried looking for different fish recipes? They canbe boiled or baked or grilled, giving them different tastes and textured
    Muscles are rather meaty tasting if you are missing out on meat

If you can eat cheese, there are so so many varieties to choose from also. Something I love for the taste and texture is halloumi, and it goes well with so many things. I tend to grill it but you can fry it too and its great.

How are you with vegetables? To my mind if you can eat all the constituent parts of a soup, are you able to cut the vegetables up less and have them as a sauce with rice, leading to a bit more variety?
    Also, I had a delicious home made quiche the other day with courgette in. Sounds like it wouldn't work, but it was fantastic.

If you are OK with pastry, have you tried making pies out of the things you caneat? Either with a quiche dish or pot pies.

Sushi is a good way to mingle the rice and fish you can eat to switch things up a bit. You can find sushi making kits in supermarkets.

Hope the suggestions help a little!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If meat bothers except for fish you why don't you try pescetarianism. Which sounds like what you are doing now anyways. I would google pescetarian recipes, low fat recipes, etc.

There's probably tons of foods you can eat or recipes you can make with what you can eat, but it'll probably be a trial and error thing.
  • cyvain
    Options
    Thanks so much for the ideas guys and vegetable wise only some veg I am able to have list below:

Sweetcorn, onion, tomato... And I think that's it for veg I cna eat unless I've forgotten something.

The pescatarian idea sounds like it likely would be very helpful! As for making stuff I spend my days pretty much confirmed do upstairs in and even get my own meal sum relying on mum to look after me so much 8 don't want to add extra burden of having to make stuff for me from scratch as she has enough to delay with but I'll definitely look into those idea of grilling the fish etc too.

I really do appreciate the suggestions very much! Thank you!
  • cyvain
    Options
    I tested something the other day because I was so fed up of the link it's foods I can have when everyone ordered takeaway I added a cheesy garlic bread pizza style one to the order for me to try. I ate it fine without any issues from either my tummy or gall stones so I can have cheesy garlic pizza bread! Some extra variety even if not much.