Top gadgets for food prep, dieting, or exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• danipals1
    danipals1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My Instant Pot Pressure Cooker!! So fast and everything I've made has been delicious! Have had it for 6mo. and still using it at least 3x a week.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    - Food scale
    - My Nutribullet
    - The app on my phone to track my miles
    - My super cute and very pink 32 oz water bottle.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Easily the best choice i've made is the Anova to cook meats and veggies sous vide. Meal prep has never tasted so good. Just bag up a bunch of seasoned chicken breasts/pork chops/fish/lean beef, go to that meat's recipe on the app, tell it to start cooking, and then come back in a couple hours. Even the cheap frozen walmart chicken breasts are super juicy and moist after cooking or even a couple days later after a quick 1:30 in the microwave.

Now if I could just eat ONLY my prepped meals, I would be golden. haha

me too! <3 my sous vide cooker. I'd never been able to cook chicken breast properly, but now they're just so juicy and tender prepared sous vide, I make it all the time. Haven't tried veggies in it yet, and don't necessarily think its helping me hit my calorie targets (made some phenomenal lemon curd in it). But I love it so much, I got one for my mom for Xmas.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My knives/oven/stovetop/grill, "You are your own Gym" app and my new TRX straps. Love em.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Fitbit one, kitchen scales ( I have more than one ), my treadmill , and my Instant Pot.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    What are your top gadgets for food prep, dieting, health and exercise?
    Mine are my Withings Scales, my digital kitchen scales, my apple peeler/corer/slicer gadget, this app, the Withings app, and my enamel frying pan that needs zero fat.
    What's yours?

Mine ...
    for food prep ... my two hands, chef and paring knives, box grater, wok, pot steamer insert, measuring cups and spoons. But I also love parchment paper, wax paper, foil wrap, plastic wrap. Old mason jars with plastic lids.
    for dieting ... the above plus my food scale, MFP app
    for health ... wide variety of colorful food, poultry and seafood more often than pork and beef, plenty of hydration and sleep, meditation, getting fresh air. taking my meds and seeing my physicians on schedule.
    for exercise ... getting outdoors every day to do something, anything, that keeps me mobile. Keeping up with house/home chores. Stretching and Isometrics, old fashioned calisthenics. Gonna add using a gym for group exercise classes once the membership card comes in the mail.

• akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    food scale, body weight scale, hiking boots, and stick blender :-)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Popcorn air popper
    cast iron stove top griddle pan
    bamboo cutting board
    Knives
    cheese grater
    Asics running shoes (love)
    MFP
    Kettlebell
    Supportive family/friends/PT
    Blood pressure machine

And my beloved Australian Shepherd who is laying on my feet as I type:)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Also my car, as much as I hate to say it. I couldn't ski without my car.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    The only thing added to my repertoire since I started in 2008 is my yearly rec centre pass- which I got for the first time that year, and a calorie counting app (I had a little book from the 70's so was calorie aware long before I needed to lose weight.)
    Other things like swimsuits, scales (body and food), gym shoes, clothing, etc have been replaced as needed.
    The kitchen and its equipment has always been good as I have always cooked.

Cheers, h.