Scale

Options
rikkejanell2014
rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Getting a little upset. Scale was going down now its just chillin. Sw207 current weight 197 however it said 198 this morning. Today is day 34. 1240 cal def. Usually work out 5 days a week. I burn about 400- 500 cals. Always at cal def except Christmas eve and Christmas was over 400-600 cals. Scale has been at the same for like 2 weeks. Please dont comment if its negative or offensive. Postive vibes only. TIA

Replies

• MsNaz786
    MsNaz786 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue few weeks ago... i think its water retention. Give it another week or so.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You have a 1240 calorie deficit or you're eating 1240? Either way, that's too aggressive and you should switch to something more sustainable. Have patience you won't lose the weight over night.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    take measurements, don't rely on just the scale, it's only one metric
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    It is just water retention. Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks the scale will not go down. As long as you know you are eating at a deficit then try not to worry about it.

This. If normal weight fluctuations bum you out, I suggest you start using a weight trending app (Happy Scale, Libra, trendweight.com, etc) so you can start focusing on long term trends rather than short term fluctuations.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    If you ate more on Christmas it's probably just water retention.
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    Not sure if "weight fluctuates" would fit in with the "positive vibes only" you are looking for?

no I'm talking about people just being condescending or rude I don't want that on here.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are weighing daily and that's not a bad thing if it's done at the same time and conditions. Wake, pee, weigh is common. But if you are in fact weighing daily you really should be charting daily as well. Lot's of apps for your phone. Seeing the trend line is SO much more important than the day to day. Good Luck!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to measure ALL food? If not, you might be eating more than you think.

Do you eat exercise calories back? If so, you maybe overeating since calorie burns tend to be over estimated.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've had to learn to not obsess with the number on my scale. I put mine away a month ago because I was truly obsessing about it... I was weighing myself every day and if my number was up a pound or 1/2 a pound it would ruin my mood and make me depressed. Being healthy and getting in shape is about so much more than just a number. Don't let it control you. I mean that as positively as possible! Take photos and take measurements and track fruit and veggie intake. Track how good you are feeling. That's really more important. Good luck to you!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    A couple of tips if you aren't already doing them...

Weigh first thing in the morning after using the restroom every time you weigh - not at different times of the day.
    Weigh in just undies, naked or in the same thing.
    If you are up a couple of pounds look at your diary your sodium could be up and that will make you retain water.
    TOM affects water retainage for a week or so.
    If you don't have regular BM's or you had a bigger calorie day the previous day your weight could be up due to food/waste/water in the body.

Everyone is up and down. Get a weight trending app like happy scales and enter your weight there it will show you your moving average.

Lastly if seeing your weight go up a lb or 2 upsets you or will throw you off your game only weigh every few days or once a week.

Just remember IF you are accurately logging/weighing in a deficit the weight will come off, just not everyday like you want it too and not in a straight line down.

hope this helps!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Day 34 ~ 5 weeks. You've lost 10 lb (9 lb, if you're counting today's weight). That's ~ 2 lb per week. There's no problem - other than your expectations - here.

This
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    A couple of tips if you aren't already doing them...

Weigh first thing in the morning after using the restroom every time you weigh - not at different times of the day.
    Weigh in just undies, naked or in the same thing.
    If you are up a couple of pounds look at your diary your sodium could be up and that will make you retain water.
    TOM affects water retainage for a week or so.
    If you don't have regular BM's or you had a bigger calorie day the previous day your weight could be up due to food/waste/water in the body.

Everyone is up and down. Get a weight trending app like happy scales and enter your weight there it will show you your moving average.

Lastly if seeing your weight go up a lb or 2 upsets you or will throw you off your game only weigh every few days or once a week.

Just remember IF you are accurately logging/weighing in a deficit the weight will come off, just not everyday like you want it too and not in a straight line down.

hope this helps!

Thank u
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Are you using a food scale to measure ALL food? If not, you might be eating more than you think.

Do you eat exercise calories back? If so, you maybe overeating since calorie burns tend to be over estimated.

Yes i weigh my food and i eat back some but not all.. I usually have like 200 left give or take.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I would second the comment, if you weigh everyday, look at the trend. You are averaging a 2 pounds a week great job!