Help! Trying Country Heat Again...

Options
irejb
irejb Posts: 64 Member
I've previously posted about trying Insanity again. However, the more I got into it, the more I realized that I'm not mentally or PHYSICALLY ready for it again.

I tried many exercise programs, but I can honestly say that Country Heat is the only program where I had the most fun and look forward to doing every day. So what's the problem? I did not lose any weight on this program, the first time I tried it, despite following the diet plan to a T.

I don't know what I should do. Is there anyone who did Country Heat and lost weight? Are there ways to intensify the moves? Thanks.

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Though I'm not familiar with the workout or the "Country Heat" diet these are some tips that will help you drop some weight that are tried and true. I just wanted to offer a few tips so you don't stay discouraged :wink:

Are you eating at a deficit? Weighing and measuring every bit of food you put in your mouth? Exercise is awesome for the body but weight loss comes from eating at a deficit. Did you take measurements before beginning your workout programs? Inches lost can help you see the changes, the scale won't always move and it's not the best gauge to go by. You can log measurements on MFP and it tracks them for you. I find watching the inches drop is incredibly motivating!

When I started it was all about the scale if it moved down I was happy, if it moved up I was annoyed and not happy. The scale can take our power away if we let it.. in the end getting our bodies healthier and fitter is the goal for most of us. The scale can not move for months yet the inches continue to drop.

Screw the scale, we're better than the scale!! :laugh:

Measuring solids with a food scale and liquids with measuring cups and measuring spoons will take you far.
    If you're not already doing that give it a try and see how that works for you. :smiley:

Merry Christmas t7212.gif
  • irejb12
    irejb12 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses.

The program came with a guideline regarding the types of food I could eat and portion control containers which I used.

While the containers were much simpler rather than logged my food in MFP, I had no drastic results. So I'm starting to log again.

As a side note, it so strange to think that when I was younger I never had to think about logging my food, etc. Now I have to be careful about the food I eat and work out harder to lose weight. I guess that's part of the aging process for me. Lol.
  • cheriecarew
    cheriecarew Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got Country Heat for Christmas this year and I'm planning on starting it on January 1st. I did read through the diet program that came with it and got the containers but it's not sustainable for me so I'm just going by MFP for my calorie deficit, logging my food here and just doing the workout program from Country Heat. It looks fun, good luck to you!
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You can still use their containers to make it easy, but I'd weigh the empty container first then weight it again after you put your food in, & track that. Let's face it, you can lightly pack or solidly pack the same size container and there will be a vastly different amount of product in there. Good luck!
  • irejb12
    Options
    I got Country Heat for Christmas this year and I'm planning on starting it on January 1st. I did read through the diet program that came with it and got the containers but it's not sustainable for me so I'm just going by MFP for my calorie deficit, logging my food here and just doing the workout program from Country Heat. It looks fun, good luck to you!

It is fun! And one of the few exercise dvd that I'm doing again. Thanks and best of luck to you as well!
  • irejb12
    Options
    NEOHgirl wrote: »
    You can still use their containers to make it easy, but I'd weight the empty container first then weight it again after you put your food in, & track that. Let's face it, you can lightly pack or solidly pack the same size container and there will be a vastly different amount of product in there. Good luck!

I never thought to weigh the containers. Thank you for the tip.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I meant to say weight the empty, reset to zero, then fill the container & use the difference as your tracking amount. No problem *_*