Question for those in a marriage (about sex) ;)

Options
2»

Replies

• UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I doubt an ultimatum like that really worked. I think your coworker is full of it. If my husband gave me a contract I'd call his bluff or better yet tell him my new boyfriend was giving it to me so well he was redundant.

Savage
    43501 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sizzle92 wrote: »
    Ok....so this has got me thinking and I am curious to hear what others think about it. My husband's business partner recently told my husband that he wasn't feeling fullfilled by his wife of 10 or so years. He was just fed up. He doesn't want to have sex 2-3 times a month. He desires more. As well as generally more affection from his wife. He drafted up a contract and told her his expectations, and explained to her that if she couldn't deliver them, he would have no choice but to find a girlfriend. Well so far it has worked.

Thoughts? I have mine. :wink:

Yeah, I have a lot of thoughts.

Firstly, I have to take a moment to acknowledge that we (the forum/community) are working off third-hand information when forming a response to this, so it might not be accurate to the actual situation.

I think it's important to be communicative about wants and expectations. In that sense, I don't think it's a bad thing that he's asked "I want to have sex and have physical intimacy more often". That's what you should put forth if you feel like your needs are being neglected, and then you should listen to what the other side thinks about it. What troubles me is the fact that it's a topic that could be calmly talked over by adults, but it's been rendered as a "contract" where it's "do as I say or I leave you"... like holy *kitten*. If that isn't borderline abusive behavior and a serious red flag about the guy's deficient moral character and lack of proper priorities, I don't know what is.

TL;DR: If what you're saying is true and the guy literally gave his wife an ultimatum of "satisfy me more or I'll find someone else", she should get out of there cuz clearly he cares more about his dick than her wellbeing.
    Sex is arguably number one if not than number two in a relationship. It's what differentiates you from lovers and best friends.

I know you're probably just talking about your own opinion, but the way it's worded makes it sound like you think this is what should be or what everyone thinks. But I gotta ask, where does that worldview leave asexual people? Ace spectrum individuals (people who cannot or do not experience any sexual attraction) can still have perfectly fulfilling, successful romantic relationships. It seems unfair to invalidate them (sadly, ace people are used to it though). For that matter, where does it leave people too sick or geriatric to continue having sex?

"It's what differentiates lovers and best friends"

Hmm... This is just me personally (because the world is a wonderful tapestry of people with diverse opinions and experiences), but I've had for-fun sex with friends and some of my most intimate and tender moments with my S/O were nonsexual ones. Shrug.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    luly727 wrote: »
    Well let me add a different twist..what happens when the wife wants to have sex more, some romance etc. and 2-3 months go by with no sex, and she pushes to find out whats the problem..then he blurts out, "did you ever think its because you have gained weight" and goes on to say the wife knew from day 1 he wasn't attracted to over weight women blah blah and yet she gained some weight over the 15 yrs together.. What would you say or do?? oh this conversation came up cuz the wife saw him 'taking care of his needs" he wasnt aware she saw him..

that's not a twist, that's a thread-hijack attempt
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I doubt an ultimatum like that really worked. I think your coworker is full of it. If my husband gave me a contract I'd call his bluff or better yet tell him my new boyfriend was giving it to me so well he was redundant.

This is what I would expect, with a contract like this... wow....
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    luly727 wrote: »
    Well let me add a different twist..what happens when the wife wants to have sex more, some romance etc. and 2-3 months go by with no sex, and she pushes to find out whats the problem..then he blurts out, "did you ever think its because you have gained weight" and goes on to say the wife knew from day 1 he wasn't attracted to over weight women blah blah and yet she gained some weight over the 15 yrs together.. What would you say or do?? oh this conversation came up cuz the wife saw him 'taking care of his needs" he wasnt aware she saw him..

that's not a twist, that's a thread-hijack attempt

Of a 4 year old thread. She made another thread asking this question and it went spectacularly terrible.