A year ago today... I made a choice

Options
My first log in was Dec. 27, 2015, the day I realized it's not about a diet, it's about a life style change. Years of dieting only to lose 10 or 15 and gain it all back (and then some) only to finally realize it's about a healthier you... healthier choices, exercise, a strong mind and dedication. For the first 6 months it was all calorie counting. In July, I started going to a gym. I still have a long way to go but I thought I would share my success so far as I know that when I am feeling defeated or stuck or when those 4 pounds come back after Christmas.... lol.... looking at other's success stories on MFP helps put me back on track. Keep working everyone!! We got this!!
SW 265
CW 185....181 before Christmas :)
Next goal 175
Final goal 1551nbhavjnf3l9.jpg

Replies

• Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats on your hard work.
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You looking amazing! Keep up the good work.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Great job.
  • kejw08
    kejw08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! Keep up all your hard work.
  • shopmead
    shopmead Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow the 180 looks amazing
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! Keep it up! @lauramdx4
  • wanna_be_free
    wanna_be_free Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    wow! can i just ask what you do at the gym and how often you go?
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    lauramdx4 wrote: »
    My first log in was Dec. 27, 2015, the day I realized it's not about a diet, it's about a life style change. Years of dieting only to lose 10 or 15 and gain it all back (and then some) only to finally realize it's about a healthier you... healthier choices, exercise, a strong mind and dedication. For the first 6 months it was all calorie counting. In July, I started going to a gym. I still have a long way to go but I thought I would share my success so far as I know that when I am feeling defeated or stuck or when those 4 pounds come back after Christmas.... lol.... looking at other's success stories on MFP helps put me back on track. Keep working everyone!! We got this!!
    SW 265
    CW 185....181 before Christmas :)
    Next goal 175
    Final goal 1551nbhavjnf3l9.jpg

Amazing transformation! Your hard work and dedication really show. Keep it up!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow. You're doing awesome and your workout clothes are super big on you. You dont look like you have a lb to lose anymore! I know what you mean those darn lbs that come on due to yummy bad food.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Great work, keep it up!
  • LPJM1710
    LPJM1710 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    exactly what I wrote in my recent post to successfully reach you goal you have to incorporate into your lifestyle, well done.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic.
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I love stories like this!!! You are an inspiration!!!
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, keep up the great work. You will get there!
  • lauramdx4
    lauramdx4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    wow! can i just ask what you do at the gym and how often you go?

I go 5 days a week on average, sooooometimes 6......sometimes 4. I do 30- 45 minutes of cardio 3 days a week with weight lifting (machines) for about 30 minutes. On non-weight days I do longer cardio 45-60 and abs.☺
    This is definitely where my dedication needs to be because although I feel AMAZING after the gym, getting there can be really rough lol

• coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look great! Inspiring to hear your story. Reading it was a great way to start my day. Thank you for posting!!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    what an amazingly strong woman you are. way to stick with it. you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!