What other tools are you using?

Options
So I'm using MFP for pure calorie counting.
I use Garmin for calorie burn
Excel to get an average between MFP, Garmin, and a body bug estimate of 10x body weight.
Excel to net the average calories out and the calories in from mfp. THAT is the number i use to monitor my (hopefully deficit)

I also use workflowy to list recipes that I like with the estimated caloric and macro content per serving and what a serving size is. I also put a tags for prep time. THAT way when I am hungry or need to menu plan I can just do a search of the recipe based on Calories, Macros, and Micros. I can sort the results based on prep time.

I would love to see what other tools people use to help them achieve their goals.

Replies

• samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I use MFP , stronglifts app to track my lifts, and map my run when it's warm enough to run outside
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    mfp, happy scales and productive apps to help me stay on track with some activities.

ETA - map my fitness
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    For entering food data: MFP
    For outdoor running/biking: MapMyRun
    For walking/hiking: Fitbit website (I have a Fitbit Charge 2).
    At my gym, the computerized stationary bike is called Expresso (it has its own website).
    At my gym, the treadmills are LifeFitness (it has its own website).

Each one of these things has its own website with pluses and minuses. I find I use the Fitbit website as my go-to consolidated view. MapMyRun, Expresso and LifeFitness push to my MFP account automatically, and then MFP pushes consolidated data to Fitbit. So in the end, all of the calories and exercise end up on Fitbit website, no matter what I used to track it. But if I want details of a specific run or bike session, I switch to MapMyRun or the Espresso or LifeFitness website to get stuff like splits, detailed heartrate info, elevation, etc.

I use MFP to enter food data though. I could enter it on the Fitbit site, but I'm not sure if it pushes back to MFP, plus I'm very happy with the food database here on MFP.
  • desireehenshaw136
    desireehenshaw136 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I use TomTom Spark cardio plus music to track my swimming, calories ( it exports my calories burned to MFP ) steps, HR, sleep etc.
    I also use weight guru scale which also exports into MFP
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    MFP, Happy Scale, Runkeeper for outdoor runs and walks, our home running treadmill, and my walking treadmill desk I use for working from home (love that, btw!).

I also took "before" measurements and pictures, and take new ones every month or so. I look back at the the pics every now and then for motivation.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Mfp for calorie counts (CI), fitbit for steps and calorie burns (CO), happy scale, stronglifts app for lifting, strava for cycling/jogging.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    MFP, a bathroom scale and Excel. That's it.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I use TomTom Spark cardio plus music to track my swimming, calories ( it exports my calories burned to MFP ) steps, HR, sleep etc.
    I also use weight guru scale which also exports into MFP

I love my Weight Gurus scale
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Nothing. h

Calorie counting when it was needed, including extrapolating exercise calories burnt for accurate feed back.

Happy scale- it was interesting for a couple of months, but not needed.

Fitbit, I borrowed one for a month and it drove me crazy- 975 cals for a 10,000 day, really. I didn't gel with it in any way.

Jefit for weights- found a note pad easier.

I look in the mirror and that is it. Haven't weighed in a while cos the bathroom that the scale is in is cold in the winter.

I missed the data geek gene when they were giving it out- probably in a wine bar somewhere.

I do admire those who love the data, it just isn't me.

Cheers, h.

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it as simple as possible. MFP for food consumption, Fitbit for energy expenditure, and Excel to keep track of my weight. If I have a specific fitness goal, I keep track with a notebook or with my phone.