Active friends

Options
So I am a naturally active person and my husband is naturally not. I compromise a lot by sitting in front of the tv with him...and then convince him to do something active once every 2-3 years. I need active friends who will motivate me to get back up off the couch! We move a lot and so I don't find active friends until right before we leave then I have to start all over in a new state. Anyone willing to try to motivate me?

Replies

• EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I run or walk with my dog every day, i also do weights and a bit of yoga. Add me if you like :)
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I was just cleared by my doctor to start walking/working out again after suffering from Plantar Fasciitis since April. During those months, I gained back almost all the pounds that I had lost, so it's like I'm starting over again.
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I need to get back on track with my exercise routine, I did so well before, but the past 6 months have been so hectic the most I do is get out and walk the puppies.

I want to get back to the gym and enjoy exercise again.

feel free to add me.
  • ddavid43
    ddavid43 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just getting back on this app, feel free to add me
  • char71165
    char71165 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A great way to be active and meet people is to go on the website meetup.com. You can then find groups who are getting together to go out and do stuff and you can "meet up" with them. Also having friends on here that are active is motivating. I have a husband that loves his recliner and the TV as well. I sit for a little while with him but not all night. I get up and do things I enjoy like my crafts or ride my stationary bike, yoga, lift light weights, etc. I even do some of these in the living room so we can still be together but I don't have to be still. I hope this helps you.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Every two to three YEARS? That just blows my mind. I'd be hauling my partner into counseling if I were in that situation.

I love to work out and also have active hobbies, such as hiking and social dance. Feel free to add me.