MFP vs Fitbit

Options
I have a question, how many of you have both the Fitbit and use MFP? Do you log your food and exercise in both places? Do you use one for one thing and the other for something else?

Replies

• greatatboats
    greatatboats Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I log my food in MFP and my exercise through FitBit automatically. However if you have them synced up to each other then you don't want to be manually adding any exercise (unless it's something that you're not wearing your FitBit for).
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I let Fitbit handle the data for the output- and I use MFP to monitor the input.

I honestly go days without opening my Fitbit app, it's purely a tool for my weightloss.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to track food. I update my weight in both. I use Fitbit to track calorie expenditure, though I do log actual workouts in MFP as well. I do not have my MFP account and Fitbit account synced because I don't want extra calories for just walking around. I only want extra calories for sustained/intentional cardio sessions.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I do the same as the posters. MFP for food and Fitbit for exercise. I don't manually log any exercise, as my fitbit automatically does it for me. All of my activity is step based.