Ok really??? WTH is goin on here. .

Options
Ok so I've been eating healthy and sticking to my exercise routine pretty religiously for the past couple of weeks. I don't do the samething everyday and I do have my "rest" days to give my body a break sometimes. Now the problem is that my scale has not budge a sinlge pound at all!! I bust my butt everyday and deny myself the yummy nachos that I'm so obsessed w/ because Im so dedicated to losing this weight! But the scale not moving is very discouraging and make me want to throw in the towel or get on this stuff called adipex. But see throwing in the towel wont solve my problem yes I know and getting on adipex can be a habit forming drug so I dont wanna go that way but at the same time Im starting to get desperate to just budge the scale a tiny bit! :cry: Any signs that what Im doin is paying off would be amazing but its not happening! Do you guys maybe have any suggestions as to what I can do to solve this problem?? I really do appreciate the help!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Have you tried measuring inches? That could be big, and make sure your eating enough calories. It's hard to tell if anythings wrong there.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    1.) Start taking weekly measurements.
    2.) Just know that it can take a few weeks for your body to adjust to the new routine.
    3.) Do you eat your exercise calories?
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    What kind of workout are you doing?
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diary I can't say for sure. Here are some questions.
    - How long have you been on your plateau?
    - Are you drinking enough water?
    - Are you eating back exercise calories?

There are many variables that could cause you to stop losing weight. If it's only been a couple weeks, it may just be a short phase...that happens some times. If you aren't drinking enough water, try increasing your water intake. If you aren't eating back your exercise calories, try to do that. If you ARE eating them back, try not to and see what happens. The concept of eating back exercise calories doesn't work for everyone so you may have to play around with it and see what works for you. The general thought it to make sure your net calorie intake doesn't fall below 1200 for women. Net would be the calories eaten - the calories burned.

Good luck!
  • kayte317
    kayte317 Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you tracking your measurements as well as weight? Muscle weights more than fat so it's possible that you are losing fat and gaining muscle. So you could be losing inches with out actually losing any pounds but you are actually getting skinnier. Stick with it! I know it's hard...
  • mmccullough2
    mmccullough2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with others here...check your other body metrics (inches, blood pressure, etc.) because the work you are doing is paying off. Keep in mind that lean muscle tissue weighs more than fat, it looks good on you and it will also burn more calories when you are doing nothing. Keep your focus on overall health and well being and try not to focus on the single metric of body weight. Ultimately, your body weight will probably begin to slide but your total biometric picture has to line up first.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Dear Lord...this question has been asked and answered a bazillion times. I don't even need to see your food diary to know what's wrong.

You have a medical condition but you don't need to see a Doctor about it. I can prescribe the medication for you. No, I'm not a Dr but I'd like to play one on TV some time so I'll practice here until I get discovered.

Your condition is call...
    womenwhoeatlessandexercisemorewon'tloseweight.
    Yes, it's a very serious condition but I will, as stated above, write you a prescription.

Ok, here it is
    Eat more.
    That's it!
    My work it done here.

LOL,
    Disclaimer:
    This post was posted by the poster (Me), to shed a little humor to the readers (you) but to get my point across
    that exercising more and eating less in only the formula for frustration.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I was just reading about that adipex thing. I've never heard of it before. I hope you that take some of the advice here and learn to deal with the weight so you can live a drug free life. That adipex kinda sounds scary. Good luck.
  • devildocwife
    Options
    I am drinking about 12-16 cups of water a day ( or I at least try to ). I do various exercises like running, biking, walking etc. I don't tape so maybe I shuld start doing that then relying on my scale. I also I'm not eating back my exercise calories. I didnt realize that I had to do that. I always try to eat 1,200 calories but I never think that I need to eat the extra calories.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I agree with the general consensus... take measurements and make sure you're eating enough. One of the biggest mistakes people on this site make is eating too little... which is really as bad as eating too much. If you aren't feeding your body properly it can freak your body out causing it to hang onto everything it gets... some people even gain weight from under-eating. If you ARE netting 1200, try bumping the net calories up to 1300 or 1400 for a few weeks and see what happens. Remember, your NET calories are calories consumed MINUS calories burned (For example, 1700 calories eaten minus 500 calories burned equals 1200 NET calories)
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am drinking about 12-16 cups of water a day ( or I at least try to ). I do various exercises like running, biking, walking etc. I don't tape so maybe I shuld start doing that then relying on my scale. I also I'm not eating back my exercise calories. I didnt realize that I had to do that. I always try to eat 1,200 calories but I never think that I need to eat the extra calories.

You can do it!!!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The scale can be discouraging because it takes some time for your body to adjust to what you're putting it through. I know I lost very little my first three weeks, but after that the weight began to steadily come off. I have found that taking your measurements is a HUGE motivator because when your weight loss slows you begin to question yourself. However, you'll find that your body is constantly melting. Between the scale numbers and inches lost numbers you'll be very encouraged. I would suggest drinking plenty of water, getting enough rest, make sure you're eating healthy, and eat back most of your exercise calories. Never give up, stick with it...things will begin to change very soon. You'll be so happy with the results! (BTW...I saw your screen name was devildocwife...my husband is a Marine. Many thanks to your husband for his service. :-)
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You should go by your measurements more than the scale, and also judge by how your clothes are fitting you... thats a better way to tell if you're losing or not. Dont focus too much on the numbers on the scale because it can be discouraging... as long as you're not gaining, thats a good thing. I would definately not recommend getting on adipex... I have been on it twice before, and yes you will lose a lot, especially the first month, and you'll lose it really fast, but thats not the healthy way to go. It basically makes you not want to eat at all, but you know you HAVE to eat, and when you finally do it makes you feel sick... problem is when you finally stop taking it, you crash... and since you're bodys gotten used to taking it fo so long, you can go through withdrawls and have really bad moodswings... it really isnt worth it. Granted thats just my opinion, but I have had other friends use it that have gone through the same thing... Its always best to try and lose without the help of any medication. Just stick with it,... everyone hits a plateau, but you'll make that scale move =)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I just came off a 2+ month plateau and have found that I needed to increase calories. In the beginning of this journey I tried eating back my exercise calories and that did not work for me. I lost the initial 30 pounds by not doing so. Then I reached a plateau and increased calories to get the scale moving. When I reached the 2nd plateau I lowered my calories back down once again not eating back my exercise calories. I do good for a while then when I hit a plateau I switch it up. Not every body is the same so you have to find what works for you. I also watch my sodium intake as that will make a difference and I drink at least 1/2 oz of water for every pound that I weigh. Best wishes to you!!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    In addition to everything that has been offered I would suggest tracking your sodium. You could be retaining water if you are over on your sodium. Just be consistent - it will happen!
  • devildocwife
    Options
    The scale can be discouraging because it takes some time for your body to adjust to what you're putting it through. I know I lost very little my first three weeks, but after that the weight began to steadily come off. I have found that taking your measurements is a HUGE motivator because when your weight loss slows you begin to question yourself. However, you'll find that your body is constantly melting. Between the scale numbers and inches lost numbers you'll be very encouraged. I would suggest drinking plenty of water, getting enough rest, make sure you're eating healthy, and eat back most of your exercise calories. Never give up, stick with it...things will begin to change very soon. You'll be so happy with the results! (BTW...I saw your screen name was devildocwife...my husband is a Marine. Many thanks to your husband for his service. :-)

Thanks for your input. .i think i just may start going by measurements b/c it seems to work for other to keep them motivated so it jus may work for me. And the fact that you kinda went through the same thing gives me hope that just maybe I'll lose it lol.

Also I'll be sure to tell my husband and make sure you tell your husband thanks as well!! We're stationed out here at Camp Lejeune and I see what the Marines go through on a regular basis and i must say it takes a special person to want to do that. So thanks again =]
  • devildocwife
    Options
    Many thank yous to everyone who posted on here and gave me awesome support and great advice! I will be sure to start applying all of this right away in hopes that the weight starts melting off me asap. Thanks again guys and please feel free to add me! I could use all the support possible on this journey!! thank you!!!:flowerforyou: