30 lbs down with pics (i hope)

Ok here goes - never posted pics here before but hopefully this works. The firs picture is actually a year ago - believe it or not i have managed to stay away from the camera for a full year....wonder why - haha

The second picture was taken last week. The skinny minny is my mom. I was feeling pretty good about my success so far until i saw this picture. Not sure if it is the fact that i am next to a 124lb person or if i just have a ways more to go - so i was hoping to get some responses if anyone can tell a difference.

I am a little less than halfway to my goal but i have dropped 2 sizes and most days feel much better!

PS - all the cuties in the first pic are my mom and sisters.....can you say black sheep! hahaha

Ok - realized i had the same dress so i just revised to add that pic as well........

ang.jpg

TriptoVirginia7111065.jpg

71611.jpg

Replies

• annesnyder
    annesnyder Posts: 5 Member
    You look great...keep going. I wish I had lost 30lbs...but I'm just getting started. keep up the good work!
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Lookin' good! Keep up the good work!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    no black sheep, you are a very good looking family!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    I can tell a difference...keep up the good work!!!!!
  • You are too hard on yourself. You look as cute as your sisters and mom. I promise!! You can really tell in your after pic, that you have lost weight, though. You look great!! Keep it up!
  • you look great :))
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    You look great. Don't measure yourself against others. I bet all of them haven't had kids!!! You are your person. You do look a lot like your mom. Keep plugging along :)
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    You look great!! You should be proud of your success so far and just remember it is not a competition!
    You look awesome!! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    no black sheep, you are a very good looking family!

Agree!

You look beautiful. Congratulations on your 30 lb loss! That's wonderful!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    You look great. Don't measure yourself against others. I bet all of them haven't had kids!!! You are your person. You do look a lot like your mom. Keep plugging along :)
    Good point - I am actually the only one out of my sisters that has had kids :-)
  • Pictures are deceiving and usually don't show progress, determination and inspiration. Keep up the good work. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • You look great!!! I think what you are seeing is an optical illusion because you are standing at an angle. The camera likes to play tricks on us.

Keep up the fantastic work!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great!! I'm right there with ya...30 lbs is a lot and you certainly look very different! I'm ready for my next 30! Let's go! :drinker:
  • angelacasey736
    You look great!!! I think what you are seeing is an optical illusion because you are standing at an angle. The camera likes to play tricks on us.

Keep up the fantastic work!
    I hope so - cause i really dont see myself like this picture (could have been part of my problem from the start!)
    Thank you for your kind words :-)
  • megankayden
    megankayden Posts: 37 Member
    I think you are even smiling for real in the second pic! You look great nice work!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Good point - I am actually the only one out of my sisters that has had kids :-)

Lucky kiddos!!! I bet all of their aunties (and their gma!) are just nuts about them.
  • rusho
    rusho Posts: 1
    You have to consider that you took the 2nd picture more close up too! Typically the farther away the photo, the thinner you look. There is a difference! Keep up a good work! You look amazing!
  • ttucker32
    ttucker32 Posts: 3 Member
    You look great. I agree with other comments about comparing yourself to others. This is your success and no one is doing it but you. I too have a small mom about a size 4 and I am a 12 but I have my own specials qualities just like you. Keep going until you feel comfortable with you. Congrats on the 30 I am barely losing a pound a week and working very hard. You are beautiful and you fit right in with your mom and sister. Stay positive!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    I think you are doing a great job & look at you 1/2 way to goal!! I think you look fantastic! Keep up the great work. And, never compare yourself to anyone else - only to yourself. Chin up, Sweetie!
  • angelacasey736
    Thank you all sincerely !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!