HELP!!!

Options
I will admit it. I am in some major trouble. I started off really well when I joined up. I thought I can do this, and I had lost three pounds my first week just because I wasn't eating as much and got rid of all of the junk food around me. Now, I can't even get motivated to continue. I know I need to. I just don't like the idea of starving myself. I am an emotional eater anyway and everything is going topsy turvy on me right now. Life has not been nice to me. Needless to say, I am looking for someone to tell me that I am going to be okay and I am good the way I am. I know I need to lose weight, but I am not that bad looking (???) Back to homework. Goody goody.

Replies

• reluctantdaughter
    Options
    I will admit it. I am in some major trouble. I started off really well when I joined up. I thought I can do this, and I had lost three pounds my first week just because I wasn't eating as much and got rid of all of the junk food around me. Now, I can't even get motivated to continue. I know I need to. I just don't like the idea of starving myself. I am an emotional eater anyway and everything is going topsy turvy on me right now. Life has not been nice to me. Needless to say, I am looking for someone to tell me that I am going to be okay and I am good the way I am. I know I need to lose weight, but I am not that bad looking (???) Back to homework. Goody goody.
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just wanted to say that if I thought I had to starve myself (or tried to lose weight by starving myself) I would want to give up too. If you don't feel like there are enough calories just keep track of everything you normally eat for a few days and cut it down by 500 or so and then see what happens. I have upped my calories to 1400 and I have lost more weight so far this way then I did at 1200. The main thing is to find a small change you can do and do one thing at a time until each habit sticks and gets easier. At that point you can add another small change. If you keep with it and stay consistent you'll lose weight over time. Another thing that you said about not being bad looking- if looks are your only motivation for losing weight it will probably not happen that quickly. To me that would not be enough motivation. Find real reasons that matter. Find small changes you can do and then stick with it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    Everything will be okay!!! :flowerforyou: You really can keep going and achieve your goals!! I know you can. It seems so hard because the changes don't come right away (lord knows I have wanted to throw in the towel more than once) but just think how much better you feel, physically and psychologically when you eat well and exercise. I believe in you!

Make sure you are taking baby steps and working up to your goals (that helps keep you from getting too frustrated).

And keep thinking of the important things, like your daughter, and how happy she will be of her mommy staying healthy so she can play more!

Any time you start to feel disheartened, drop me a line. We all support each other here.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I second what the others have said...with this addition.
    YES YOU ARE JUST FINE THE WAY YOU ARE!
    There is nothing wrong with you.
    You are simply choosing to take better care of yourself.
    Cowboy
  • mms817
    mms817 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are eating calories that keep you full. Snack foods that are packaged in 100 calorie servings are fine for an occasional snack, but if you eat those because they are lower calorie, but they don't keep your hunger satisfied, it's not going to help. Make sure you are eating lean protein, fruits and vegetables along with whole grains so that what you put in your mouth will keep you satisfied longer. It's a real key to curbing that hungry feeling.