Fitbit or Garmin

Options
Hello

I wanted to buy fitness tracker that can tract not only steps activity (such as running, jogging etc) but also whenever i do crossfit, bootcamp, HIIT, weight lifting without the need of chest monitor...

Fitbit or garmin? Any idea..? Thanks

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Garmin Forerunner 35.............I had 2 fitbits (Charge HR) and a Garmin Vivofit previously but the Forerunner has been the best so far. Excellent for running but also works well with any kind of cardio or other workout. It's expensive though, $200 on Amazon. It compares well to the Apple Watch I think though. The HR monitor is fairly close but sometimes seems to be completely off if it's not sitting on my wrist quite right. Other than that it's amazing and the phone app is killer!
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Does the Forerunner have an option to wear a chest strap?

Frank
  • Dobie1K
    Dobie1K Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin Forerunner as well.
    Best investment for a fitness watch.
    I have had it for 3 years, and haven't had any issues at all. It works great!
  • ilafazilah83
    ilafazilah83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Forerunner seems to the one... but the price tag is over my budget...lol...how about Vivo HR+ or Fitbit Charge 2?
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit and have now received a forerunner for Christmas, it's so much better than the Fitbit
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Hello

I wanted to buy fitness tracker that can tract not only steps activity (such as running, jogging etc) but also whenever i do crossfit, bootcamp, HIIT, weight lifting without the need of chest monitor...

Neither one is appropriate for those non-step based activities, so it doesn't really matter.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    tomtom spark cardio

• scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hello

Neither one is appropriate for those non-step based activities, so it doesn't really matter.

+1
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    weight lifting without the need of chest monitor...

Heart rate monitors are great! But a lot of people use them wrong. They're very accurate for telling you your heart rate, but not as good for guessing calories.

With that said, the ones that go on your wrist are not accurate for telling you what your heart rate is when you lift weights. The way your wrists bend and muscles flex during the exercise mean that the device can't do its job reliably while you lift.