VSG- SKIN SKIN and more SKIN

Options
Ok let's get real for a min. I am three months post op and busting my *kitten*. I mean come on I didn't have surgery for no freaking reason right. So along comes three months in feeling good 72 pounds off woohoo and then I start to notice that my boobs are slowly looking like deflated water balloons. OKKKKKKKK this sucks - I mean I knew what to look forward to but crap I mean I'm doing all these workouts to prevent this and it's still happening. cry me a river but has anyone else experienced this. On a happier note, i am down to 201 today woohoo almost out of the 200's baby.

Replies

• emmalees99
    emmalees99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Get a good push up bra and enjoy!
  • DeMartino16
    DeMartino16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    emmalees99 wrote: »
    Get a good push up bra and enjoy!

LOL I'm on it :)
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Average breasts of a menstrual age woman are 40% body fat. As body fat decreases so will breast volume. Nothing can change that.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    yours didn't sag after kids?

:'( I envy you.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »

Mine didn't sag downward after kids, but they headed more in the direction of my arm pits when I'm lying down on my back :cry:

OP I'm not saying this will work for you, but look into a collagen supplement, not the creams. Land of lakes, i think they're called, does a good one in powder form.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't reduce sagging skin unless you're replacing fat with muscle and that's usually not going to happen. You can build your pectorals, but not your mammary glands. And doing crunches isn't going to reduce loose skin off your abs. When the time comes, if the skin hasn't retracted on it's own, you'll come to accept loose skin or get surgery to remove it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mine are starting too as well...I just keep a bra on all the time, take it off when Im about to sleep...hubby dosent notice. I wouldent sweat it, only we really notice things as such, its not like we are running around topless. Well, Im not!..lol...i bet you look great!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Like others have said, breasts aren't muscle. You might think of "chicken breasts" and think that human breasts are also muscle tissue, but nope.

Breasts are fat and glandular tissue. How much of them you lose when you lose weight depends a whole lot on how much is fat vs. glands.

The only muscle involved is the muscle they sit on top of (or in front of, depending on whether you are standing or lying down). So if they're relatively small, working out and building up your pectoral muscles may make *some* difference, but it's not a big difference.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I'm in the no-boobs club now. It's just life.
  • DeMartino16
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »

They did just not that bad. now that I'm going down on the scale you can really tell.
  • DeMartino16
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    Mine are starting too as well...I just keep a bra on all the time, take it off when Im about to sleep...hubby dosent notice. I wouldent sweat it, only we really notice things as such, its not like we are running around topless. Well, Im not!..lol...i bet you look great!

Yeah the hubs says they look the same lol and im like LOOK HERE DUDE lol. But i feel great and that's all that truly matters.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm finding loose skin in places I never imagined I would, lol! But let me tell you- Feeling thin and fit still trumps the loose skin.
    The only place it really does bother me is my face. I never gave much thought to how weight loss would affect facial skin- it does.
    I've been very active during my long weight loss so perhaps that helped because I've seen pictures of other's with much more than I have.
    A great push up and padded bra (Body by Victoria!!) does wonders for your silhouette when dressed. Also, compression bodywear, like SPANX really does hold in the excess.

At some point in the future I may have surgery to remove excess skin from my upper arms, and perhaps the tummy overhand. But for now, I can easily live with it.

Congratulations on the weight loss!